Monday, October 22, 2018

Sending some Love ~

Isn't the Christian life beautiful, sweet friends?
God would have us to make a joyful noise, and praise His Holy Name
as we go through our day trusting that in all things, it is good.
I trust your days are pleasantly filled with the joy of the Lord?

~ My lovely tea cup was a special gift through Stephanie's Tea cup Exchange ~

Last week I received a precious e-mail from a dear friend
 here in our blogging community, and she was asking on behalf of another
blogging friend to send out a birthday card to a lady
who could use some encouragement through receiving and opening up
some birthday cards sent on her special day.
I didn't know this dear soul, but what a privilege to share in the joy of her special day.
Well...I wasn't about to miss out on an opportunity to send some love
and encouragement to this lady for her birthday.
I'm sure we can all attest to enjoying sweet sentiments from others
on our very own birthdays, there's just something special about our birthdays.
I wasn't going to town on the day I wanted the card mailed,
so I asked my husband if he could drop it in the mail box
as it needed to make its way sooner than later to arrive on time.
Not recognizing the name on the envelope
 my husband asked just who this lady was, and so,
 I began to explain what was asked of my blogging friend.
He was awe struck, which led to our conversation of how beautiful
our blogging community is and how real the friendships are
here in cyber space.
I told my husband that blogging is a community of friends
 who are real, who care, who love,
who are there for you in your time of need, 
who have common attitudes, interests and goals, and there is
a feeling of sweet fellowship one with another.
My husband and I shared in the sweetest conversation over the beauty
of our blogging community.
 Dear friends, isn't blogging beautiful?!


In April of 2014 I began blogging after watching my Stephanie with her own blog. 
I was inspired by the friendships made and the love that 
was graced through the lives of those of you dear blogging souls.
Stephanie would share with me time and time again of the different
ladies she was becoming friends with, and those friendships were real.



Over the years as I too have connected with our circle of blogging friends
I have experienced the love and beauty that reaches out to others
as a community built around friendships.
You, dear friends, welcomed me so graciously when I wrote my first post
 and began this journey of blogging.
You have reached out to me with your love, care, concern, 
prayers, cards and even gifts of love when I was going through life circumstances.
You have been my friends, and you have been real!
Blogging is certainly a community built around friendships
and where lives are enriched through people of all walks of life
and in all parts of the world where I may never have the chance to travel to,
but through YOU, and your blogs I have had the joy of seeing God's marvelous world
and making some of the most wonderful and meaningful friendships.
And that my friends ~ is pure joy!
~ ♡ ~ ♡ ~
From deep within my heart, and sincerely with all my love,
 thank you for your precious friendship
found here in our blogging community,
where people are real!

Joy!
~Debbie ~

21 comments:

Net - "It's a Wonderful Movie" said...

What a sweet thing to do! I'm sure receiving all those thoughtful birthday cards brought immeasurable joy to her on her birthday... knowing how much others cared. Sharing the love of Jesus, and putting that act into motion - makes one fill so good inside. Giving also brings great joy to the giver, as well. Blessings to you for your act of kindness!

I, too, have seen such beauty in the blogging world of friendships! I'm so happy to know you! :)

God's Blessings and *hugs*, Net

Elizabethd said...

I agree with you Debbie. There are so many kind and thoughtful people in the blogging world. We may never meet each other but there is such a contact in reaching out to share joys and sorrows.

Creations By Cindy said...

Oh dear friend, what a precious thing to do. A friend of mine at my church once asked just a circle of friends if they would send a birthday card to her mama who turned 100 years old. Well....her sweet mama got cards from MANY! It was crazy! So sweet of you to do. The friends I have made through blogging has been wonderful. So glad I found you. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Debbie Nolan said...

Debbie I know exactly what you mean...blogging with each other and sharing the same interests brings kindred souls together in a very special way. I am so glad I found you through Stephanie's beautiful blog. God bless you for your kind visits and emails to me as well. Hugs!

Joyful said...

A marvellous Debbie. I too have felt the love and friendship of people in the blogging world. It's amazing how close one can become isn't it? It actually reminds me of when I was a child and I would have snail mail pen pals. The difference is that blogging and email communications is much quicker which I love :-) It was so nice of you to send the card to your blogging pal. Much love. ♥

Ruth Hiebert said...

I totally agree with you. Blogging has lead to many wonderful and very dear friendships. It has also helped during the hardest time in my life,when God called my dear Husband home. Thank you for putting into words what I so often think. My blogging friends,both old and new are very precious to me.
Hugs to you.

Roosterhead Designs said...

Hi Debbie,
You are a blessing to so many of us! (Heb 6:10)
Thank you for sharing and caring, and always pointing us upward.
Yes, blog community is a real place : )!! With beautiful people
who happen to have the ability (technology) to reach out to each other,
without ever meeting~
But yet our hearts can be truly 'knit' with theirs. Amazing~
My love to you and hope all is well for you. Hugs, karen o
PS The jam is soo wonderful; it's like dessert whenever I have some!)
You are a blessing~

Regina said...

Debbie, it's a joy getting to know you and your sweet Stephanie through blogland. I've made many friends through blogging. As long as the Lord wants me to write, I will continue. Sending love to you!

Sylvia said...

Amen Debbie. I have found you and so many more dear sweet ladies and I call you Friends! I have felt God work in me due to your precious prayers for me and my hubby. God is Good and so are my blogging friends. May God continue to work his spirit in our lives bringing us close in His love!

Stephanie said...

Indeed, the blogging community is a beautiful place filled with amazing, generous, lovely, and precious people. This was such a sweet post. You are a blessing to many ladies here in blogland.

Have a wonderful day! Love you!

Kerin said...

Sweet and heartfelt post; thank you! I agree with your sentiments, and often times I have felt the power of prayers on my behalf from my 'real' blogging friends.
How sweet it is to have a community of lovely caring folks. A blessing indeed!

Smiles :)
~K.

Debby Ray said...

I never dreamed blogging could become such a rich and personal relationship with so many other like-minded ladies. What a joy it has been over these five years that I started my blog... and "meeting" both you and your dear daughter Stephanie has been among the high points in my blogging journey so far. Thank you sharing this beautiful post, dear friend...HUGS!

Anne Payne said...

I had no idea the friendships I would make when I started blogging. All I wanted to do was share about my love of books, photography, and crafts. But wow!!! I have made some lifelong friends here and been blessed to meet several in person. Some I may never meet this side of heaven but our hearts have been knit together because of our mutual love of Christ! Isn't our God awesome??? I love you, dear friend!

Rose L said...

I have received encouragement and love through my friendly blogger buddies. I feel blessed to know them and share with them. Been a great uplift when times are difficult. Bless you!

Amelia said...

Yes, blogging friends are such a Gift! That is so wonderful that you were able to send that card. I know that was a huge blessing and encouragement to this precious lady. : )

I was on xanga previously and at one time there was a huge community of precious brothers and sisters there, very few moved to blogger. It's been a freeing thing to just blog here simplifying my life for that audience of One and the precious people who God sends my way to read and sometimes comment. : ) Such a Blessing.

And I'm so glad to have met you dear one!

Bless you Debbie!

My Tata's Cottage said...

Beautifully written Debbie! Oh the friendships, marvelous, wonderful people. I have a small network of CHRISTian ladies here and without some of you, I am unsure how I would work through the perils of life. I started blogging because our middle had a little poodle that was diagnosed with liver disease and the friendships began to flow.
Thank you for being you and always knowing exactly what to say! Have a blessed and beautiful week. HUGS

hobbyloes said...

It is always a joy to read your beautiful blog posts Debbie.
It has been a blessing getting to know you, lovely lady, and your sweet daughter in blogland.
Real friendship is so precious!♥

Anonymous said...

Blogging has been a wonderful venue to connect with others. And yes, I do believe that the friendships we have been blessed with through blogging are such a gift. I have missed blogging due to computer issues and busyness in our home, but I am looking forward to start a brand new season again :)

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

My sentiments exactly! So well put and straight from the heart. What a great idea for the birthday card too. My dream is to someday get as many bloggers as I can to meet up somewhere in the US so we can all meet in person. I so look forward to the happy faces and lots of hugs!!

Pom Pom said...

It's so true! I am very blessed by bloggers and amazed at the time that has gone by since I first began.
Yes, we definitely need to meet, Debbie! Let's plan.
Sending heaps of love your way, friend!

Brenda said...

Hi Debbie,
it was lovely to read your post, I totally agree with what you have said. I find the blogs that I interact with are the church on line, and it is lovely to share and build one another up when time and distance are not applicable.
God bless you for sharing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...