Saturday, July 1, 2017

Two Countries Celebrate ☆

HAPPY CANADA DAY!

With my husband being from Canada, I have had the joy and privilege 
of living in the beautiful country of Canada,
meeting and knowing some of the most wonderful people
and making lasting friendships with memories that I have treasured within my heart.
This  year Canada celebrates Her 150th Birthday,
isn't that exciting!
To you, my dear Canadian friends and followers,
Happy Canada Day!
Enjoy your gatherings as you celebrate 150 years as a country.
From my country next door, I will be celebrating  with you on this special day.
God's blessings be upon you~



HAPPY 4th OF JULY!

"For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty;
only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh,
but by love serve one another."
(Galatians 5:13)
We were created to reflect God's character
 and love purposes the good of another.
Our Redeemer *Jesus Christ* frees us to serve one another.
We are saved to serve!
True spiritual freedom means that we submit our own desires
to that which is best for others. 
"All things are lawful for me, but not all things are helpful; 
all things are lawful for me, but not all things edify.
Let no one seek His own, but each other's well being."
(1 Corinthians 10:23,24)
This is the way of liberty ~ the way of freedom in Christ.
Love changes things, doesn't it?
No matter what country we may be blessed to live in,
may we walk after the ways and characteristics of God,
looking to the best of others,
 bringing honor and glory to our Great and Majestic God.

~~~~~~

Anyone happen to want to guess where my photo was taken?


To God be the Glory!
~ Debbie ~



15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good morning Debbie😊 How wonderful to celebrate the Fourth of July in this great country of ours. And Happy Canada Day!

Linda said...

Happy Canada day, we are only 80 miles from the border (Niagara Falls)...however we have never been. I hope you have a lovely weekend friend, smiles.

hobbyloes said...

Happy Canada Day! My mum has family in Canada, there are always sweet messages of them.
Have a blessed weekend!!

Sandi said...

Is that Lake Huron between Michigan and Canada?

Maybe Niagra Falls?

Pamela M. Steiner said...

I was wondering which Great Lake ...Lake Superior? Lake Huron? I don't know my geography well enough...but it is beautiful wherever it is! Happy Indepence days to both Canada and United State of America! So thankful for our marvelous freedom, both nationally and spiritually in Christ.
Great post!!

Debbie Harris said...

You are so right!! Lake Huron between Michigan and Canada.
Port Huron as a matter of fact.
Thanks for taking a guess :-)

Linda Walker said...

How special to celebrate both countries! Canada is lovely, hoping to get that way over the summer! So nice to see you back...I haven't been blogging as regularly so I have missed so much in blogland! Hoping you had a wonderful trip, I will go read your post that I missed! Welcome back Debbie, I missed you!
xo
Linda

Alessandra said...

Happy Canada day!!!!
Hugs Alessandra

Pom Pom said...

Oh, I also love Canada! I hope you had a happy Canada Day! I can't believe the fourth is upon us. We'll still go to sleep before nine! Wimps!

Margie said...

Thank you for celebrating Canada's 150th birthday wish us! Hope you have a wonderful 4th of July!

Anonymous said...

Happy Canada Day and Happy Independence Day! My landlord is from Canada, so we have learned a lot about Canadian celebrations from him. :) He celebrates both countries, which is pretty cool. Enjoy your week!

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

We were in Niagara Falls, Canadian side, on Canada Day, not knowing it was a holiday till we got there. Lots of patriotic cheer going on with all the great t-shirts, hats and souvenirs. People were wearing the Canadian flag around their shoulders. It was busy there, to say the least, but fun to be in all that celebrating.

Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

We are all truly blessed to live in these two countries. Especially with all of the pain we see in other countries, it's a good time to remember to be thankful!

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

How nice to celebrate both countries, Debbie, especially since your sweetheart is from Canada. I'm back home in Texas, after saying sad goodbyes to my dear Mom, in Ohio. Next week....your home state!!! Love and blessings, Kitty

Marilyn @ MountainTopSpice said...

It is so much fun to celebrate both Independence Days in Canada and the US! It is a big year for Canada with 150 years as a country indeed. I was guessing that your picture was taken on one of the Great Lakes, not sure which one, but I saw that you responded it was Port Huron. What a neat picture this is! I hope you are doing well and enjoying your company, and had a wonderful 4th. Life is very busy here for us, now we are in a heat wave, sweltering in 100+ temps, but at least the nights cool down for us. Hugs to you dear friend, appreciate you so much and enjoyed your thoughts on our freedom in Christ is what really makes us free!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...