Sunday, January 18, 2015

Grace and Reflections for a Women's Heart #3

~ A Look into Proverbs ~

"For the Lord giveth wisdom:
out of his mouth cometh knowledge and understanding."
(Proverbs 2:6)

~~~***~~~

Proverbs contains the very wisdom of God
given to show us the value
of living prudently ~ or to be cautious.

~~~***~~~


"Do not be wise in thine own eyes;
fear the Lord and depart from evil."
(Proverbs 3:7)

~~~***~~~

There is good reason for this verse ~
those who are wise in their own eyes
will NOT seek the wisdom of God;
instead, they think they have it already.
Whoa unto us!
Pride begins in elevating oneself
in ones "own eyes."
Romans 12:16 ~ instructs us to;
"Be of the same mind one toward another.
mind not high things,
but condescend to men of low estate.
Be not wise in your own conceits."


~ MAY WE STOP AND TAKE HEED TO THAT ~

Jesus associated with people in society
from all walks of life,
especially those with whom the high and mighty
wouldn't dare associate.
As our example of unity, He was comfortable
with everyone-even the outcast and sinners.

~~~***~~~

"Fear the Lord." The fear of the Lord speaks
of true, saving faith.
Job 28:28 ~ tells us;
"And to man He said,
Behold, the fear of the Lord,
that is wisdom,
and to depart from evil is understanding."
Job concludes in this verse that wisdom is to fear,
or reverence God.
Because of our love for God
we should desire to honor Him.
We should have a proper and respectful attitude
towards Him and seek Him in humility.
This fear should drive us to
righteousness and cause us to
"depart from evil."
Departing from evil is what brings us to
repentance ~ a change of heart ~ and a change of direction.

~~~***~~~

May we as women, grace our lives
in the purity found in the Word of God,
seeking Him for all wisdom.
May we walk after Jesus as our example of unity
looking to the needs of others
in His honor.
May our love for God drive us to
a closer walk with Him.


 Grace & Peace be yours
in Abundance!
~ Debbie ~

20 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Thank you.

Melanie said...

A very beautiful post! We think we are so wise sometimes when really we know so little. I do love the book of Proverbs. God bless.

Sylvia said...

Good words of wisdom from God's word. One of my favorite verses.

Marilyn Mathis said...

Thank you for presenting God's Words of wisdom for us. Although I have read this many times and memorized it, reading it today brings new personal meaning. Thanks and hugs.

J said...

This is valuable advice to women who so often find themselves "the heart of the home." When so many people look to us for strength and advice, it's easy to lose sight of our humble place in the presence of Our Lord. We must use our position to direct others to Him for the ultimate guidance!

Anonymous said...

I am humbled by the knowledge that I do not have to know it all, nor do I care to. He does and that is enough to enjoy each and every day. mari :0)

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Debbie, the Proverbs are filled with so much wisdom and knowledge, and I so love the reminder to be gracious, fear the LORD, and always desire for a closer walk with Him! I thank God for the hard times that either drive us away or toward Him! Praise God that He continues to draw us and pursue us! Thank you for sharing these beautiful words and His Word! And may we never fear the hard times but remember that they are helping to shape us more and more into His image! Sweet hugs, my friend!

Celestina Marie said...

Thank you Debbie for this beautiful post today. You touch hearts and bless with your messages.
Wishing you a special Sunday!
Smiles XO

Ceil said...

Hi Debbie! How I agree with the idea that if I am full of myself, I have no room for God to live in me. Yuck!

I'd like to say that I never do that, but I can't. I often think I understand it all, and don't need any help. So crazy, but so true! May I always depend on my God, and always empathize with my fellow travelers on earth. That builds the community that God loves to see in us!

Have a blessed Sunday :)
Ceil

Joyful said...

Very wise advice Debbie. The Proverbs are such wonderful words of wisdom. Blessings. xx

Anonymous said...

Debbie, I love to read your devotionals. Thank you for your encouraging words.

living from glory to glory said...

I appreciate your willingness to bring a word of wisdom to us!
Having the desire to grow and learn we must dig into His word and also be teachable and to sit at His feet!
Have a blessed week!
Roxy

Vicky Hunt said...

Beautiful words and photos Debbie...love the owl! I could never consider myself so wise that I didn't need God in my life. He guides me daily and I always seek him when I just don't have the answers....which if all the time! Have a blessed week sweet friend!

Hugs, Vicky

Linda said...

Debbie, bless your heart. I so enjoy your posts and the wisdom from The Bible that you share. The music is so lovely and soothing to listen to as well, thank you so much for your posts.

Sola Scriptura said...

It is always a delight to visit your blog. It's a lovely place to find encouragement from the Word of God. Thank you :)

Debby Ray said...

Looking down through all of the other comments, the one from Ceil struck my heart ...she always seems to have the ability speak directly to my heart. Sometimes I also get too full of my myself, I'm sorry to say. I am so thankful to know that the holy spirit is always at work to remind me where my fullness comes from..."fill my cup, Lord". Beautiful and thought provoking post, Debbie.

Mindy said...

His Word truly does contain all we need! Thank you for your wisdom filled posts.

Bethany Carson said...

Very good message! Proverbs has a treasure-trove of wise words.

Stephanie said...

Wow, I am so behind on reading your blog! I am sorry I am just now visiting...

This post is full of many sweet golden nuggets and my heart was blessed to read the wisdom of God's Word as well as your words.

Have a wonderful day! We will see you tonight :) Love you!

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

Seeking wisdom through Our Savior is the key, isn't it, Debbie? I pray for wisdom to say and do the right things through the Holy Spirit. Thank you for sharing with us.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...