Monday, September 10, 2018

Its a Day at the Spa ~




With each passing day, and eight weeks behind me
I'm adding more and more to my daily life.
While I still must be very careful, and trust me, I am,
I am finding it much easier in making strides as I achieve little tasks.
This past week I was able to accomplish a lot, and I felt great doing so!
In fact, I was caught out in the rain one afternoon
while walking my sweet Donatella, and found myself running home
without even thinking about what I was doing, and you know,
my knee handled the run with no problems.
I will tell my therapist what I did when I see her this week, and though,
I may very well get scolded, she really is a gentle sole when she scolds me.
~ I'm not to run for three months ~
I'm feeling stronger with each new day
and I can't help but praise the Lord for His watch care over me 
during the passing hours of my day.
God loves to hear our praises given unto Him.

  ~ ~ ☆ ☆ ♡ ♡ ♡ ☆ ☆ ~ ~

A couple of weeks ago my therapist recommended that I treat myself to a spa day.
Having never gone to a full fledged spa and with a tiny bit of reservation 
I asked her just what kind of spa was she suggesting?
"You pick the type of spa day that suits you, she said.
Would you like to sit by the pool and view the mountains, enjoy a Jacuzzi,
sit in a sauna, have a facial..."
I believe it was God who chose the Spa day for me ~
The words " Its a Day at the Spa" was all it took to get my attention.
As I was reading our local newspaper my eye caught an ad for 
a monthly special at one of the oldest and most respected spas in North America.
The Yampah Spa vapor caves are natural underground steam baths.
Hot mineral waters flow through the cave floors at 125 degrees F.
to create natural geothermal steam baths.
The brochure said that the Ute Indians who originally inhabited this region
visited these caves for centuries, and regarded them as a sacred place
of healing and rejuvenation.

~ ~ ☆ ☆ ♡  ♡ ♡ ☆ ☆ ~ ~

This hot springs and vapor caves is practically in my own back yard, and yet,
I have never had the nerve to enjoy all the healing benefits that are offered.
The monthly special for just 135.00 included ~
A raspberry body wrap ~ A private natural thermal bath ~ access to the vapor caves ~
and a neck, back and shoulder massage,
which I desperately needed!
Two and a half hours after my early appointment I walked out of that spa 
feeling relaxed, energized and alive all mixed together.
Oooh I felt good!!
For the rest of the day all I could think of was ~
'what an amazing experience!'
That was the best thing I have done for myself in a very long time,
and it was certainly money well spent.
I'm hoping to continue this treatment at least once a month,
why not when they offer such a wonderful monthly package.
My knee felt amazing that afternoon and the days that followed.
They say that the caves purify the body as they soothe away aches and pains.
So...if I'm going to choose what type of spa day is best,
seems like Yampah Spa will meet my needs.
God gets the glory here.
 I believe God knew exactly what He was doing when He directed me to that ad,
which by the way, I never pay attention to ad's.

~ ~ ☆ ☆ ♡  ♡ ♡ ☆ ☆  ~ ~

My therapist is amazing!!
She was a God send in my life years ago when I was looking for a new therapist,
 she takes the time to know you and your needs in a personal way.
I'm grateful for my therapist, and she certainly makes it easy
for me to listen, obey and do all that she suggests and instructs.
Thank you Heavenly Father!

~ ~ ☆ ☆ ♡  ♡ ♡ ☆ ☆ ~ ~

"To God be the glory, for great things He has done"

Sweet friends, what has God been doing in your life?
What are some of the things you are praising Him for?
God loves us dearly, and He is always working to change us
so that we may become more like Him.

God's Glory!
~ Debbie ~

22 comments:

hobbyloes said...

Ooh, a Spa day, that sounds great! So nice that it goes well with your knee.
Providence takes care of you.
There is so much to thank for and then you feel His presence.
Have a blessed week dear Debbie.♥

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Oh dear Debbie what a beautiful healing spa day! It sounds just wonderful!

I'm thankful you are doing so well.

Love, hugs & continued prayers for you dear friend ~ FlowerLady

Elizabethd said...

How refreshing your Spa day must have been. I used to go in France where it is much more a way of life than here, and always came away feeling a new person!

Brenda said...

Hi Debbie,
one of the things that stood out to me in your post was that when you was running in the rain you felt no pain. Why was that? I believe it was because the enemy was not putting fear in your mind. As it says in Job ch. 3 v. 25. It was not a moment of 'tempting God', it was a moment when 'fear' was not there.
God bless you with good health Debbie.

Brenda said...

Sorry Debbie should have said 'As is reflected in Job ch. 3 v. 25' not 'as it says'.

CherylQuilts said...

Debbie, I praise God for how graciously He continues to care for you and provide such wonderful care and healing. He is our Ultimate Physician and uses doctors, spas, and others to help us heal. And yet He is always in control of how our healing comes about. What a great and wonderful blessing to have found Yampah Spa and how God used it in your body and in your spirit. I marveled at how God sent the rain to spur you to run instinctively and how He said, "My precious daughter, you can run now!" I smiled as I read that. What a joy, and I thank Him for all that He has done and continues to do in your life and body. What a blessing to have a wonderful therapist. May God continue to give you healing each day and joy for each morning as His mercies are new every morning....great in His faithfulness! It's been a while since I've visited (so much going on in our lives, but God knows it all and is never caught by surprise.) Hugs and love, sweet friend!

Anonymous said...

Oh wow a spa day :-) Lucky you ...

Ida said...

What a wonderful day you had. It all sounds so relaxing.

Rose L said...

A spa day...wow! I have never done that! I have had a massage here and there and LOVE them. Makes me so very relaxed. Glad to hear you are healing and getting much better.

Ruth Hiebert said...

I could feel your smile as I read this post. I'm so happy for you and how well things are going. God showers us with so many blessings. Some may not feel this is a blessing, but I get to walk alongside of a recent widow and share my experiences with her.To me this is a blessing. As a new widow, she needs someone who has walked that path before and I get to be that one.

Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

Oh my . . . this does sound wonderful! I've NEVER been to a spa or had a massage. It kind of freaks me out to think of a stranger touching me haha! Maybe one day I'll get up the nerve . . .

Sylvia said...

I need that! Wish it was in my back yard. I am so happy for you Debbie, sounds like you're doing good. I have been putting off knee surgery for years.Last week I took a fall when my knee gave way (bone on bone) I got a cortisone shot but was advised to have it replaced. I go back the 17th.
God is good and I am praising him that I have done good these years, now it's time to consider surgery, really don't want to. Praying for wisdom to make right decision.

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

What a wonderful, therapeutic spa day for you, my friend! When I read about the raspberry body wrap, I smiled, thinking what a luxury that must've been. I'm so glad that God directed you to look at that ad and then to take advantage of the monthly special. I wish I could join you!! Love and blessings to you, Debbie.

Jill said...

Lovely photo and so very true... we need to take time to nourish our bodies and our souls! Glad to hear your recovery is going well, you'll be back to running in no time! Take care.

Blessings,
Jill

Pom Pom said...

Yay! Kelli and I are going for massages and facials on Thursdays. I've had my gift certificates for a few years! It's not my first tendency to make an appointment for all that pampering, but it's WONDERFUL and worth it. I hope you are feeling like a spring chicken! God be with you, good Debbie.

Roosterhead Designs said...

Oh Debbie I'm happy for you! What a treat that must have been~
Please continue to take care of yourself and trusting Him in all things.
Love & hugs to you, karen o

Debby Ray said...

Oh Debbie, that sounds wonderful and you deserve every bit of it! o glad to hear you are doing so well! Hugs!

Amelia said...

Hello Beautiful Debbie!

Oh it sounds like you are doing so. good. Hurray! Yay for God! : )

Firstly, it's so wonderful that you like your therapist, that is so great. Secondly you have found a spa experience that you are comfortable with and look forward to! And you also ran on your knee! Even though you were being naughty, you ran. Maybe God allowed that to encourage? : )

So happy you are doing so darn great. God truly answers prayers. Please pray for my uncle, he is 86 and just went through a triple bypass. The surgery was a success but some serious mistakes were made after by staff. It's been up and down. We are praying him through and yesterday received a wonderful report! Will you join us in prayers? His name is Bennie.

You are just such a treasure, Debbie!

Love, Amelia your sister in Christ and a kindred spirit too. : )

Kerin said...

Sounds just lovely.
Self~care is so important, but as women, mothers, and wives, so much of the time we forget just how important it is to put ourselves on the list :)
I know I'm just terrible at that!!

Have a lovely rest of your week, and thank you for reminding us of how important it is to have value for ourselves.
We are daughters of a loving Father in heaven and He treasures each one of us.
We should at least take a bit of time to take care of ourselves :)

Smiles :)
~K.

Joyful said...

That kind of a spa day sounds glorious. You are blessed to be so close to such a place and I'm glad your therapist recommended it to you. You sound like it really helped give you a boost. Hugs. xx

Ginny said...

How wonderful this all sounds! I have not had a massage in 8 months! They are so relaxing and healing and really, with all the stress of our lives, a much needed dose of medicine!

Marilyn @ MountainTopSpice said...

How wonderful to spend this day at the spa, truly a gift from the Lord to you! And amazing that it is found so close to your home too! What a blessing this therapist is to you, isn't the Lord good to just bless us with the right people and at just the right moment, for that ad to be there, a perfect place for you to visit! So thankful to hear these good reports Debbie, much love and hugs to you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...