Monday, September 3, 2018

Labor of L❤ve ~


 "Give her of the fruit of her hands;
and let her own works praise her in the gates."
~ Proverbs 31:31 ~
♡♡♡
Raspberry jam is one of the jams I make every year, it's my husband's favorite. 
Last year with my ordinary days being filled up with hospital visits, 
rehab visits, long drives to look after mom with all her health concerns, 
I missed out on making any jam at all. 
This year our raspberry bushes were amazing,
 though we ate them as fast as they ripened, 
I was able to save a few to add with my store bought raspberries for jam. 
Fresh from our own patch adds that extra special goodness.
I know that many of those jars of jam will find their way 
into the homes of others for their enjoyment.
God would have us to encourage and minister to one another,
and what better way to do just that, than with a jar of homemade jam.
♡♡♡
"For God is not unrighteous to forget your work and labor of love,
which ye have showed toward his name,
in that ye have ministered to the saints, and do minister."
~ Hebrews 6:10 ~
♡♡♡
My grandsons have come to enjoy making jam with their Gamma,
so I try and make this special occasion a time of passing it on.
My prayer has been that these moments together would provide
a storehouse of happy memories for these young boys 
to hide away in their hearts forever.
I believe the influence of grandparents in forming values and character
cannot be underestimated ~ the privileges and blessings of the role 
of grandparents provide untold blessings.
I know and believe that as grandparents, our labor of love will not be in vein.
♡♡♡
"Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye steadfast, unmovable,
always abounding in the work of the Lord,
forasmuch as ye know that your labor is not in vein in the Lord."
~ 1 Corinthians 15:58 ~
♡♡♡

It has been a beautiful Labor Day week-end here in the Rocky Mountains,
I trust you can say the same in your little world
where God has placed you.

My love be with you all in Christ Jesus!
~ Debbie ~

17 comments:

Elizabethd said...

I am in whole hearted agreement about the relationship between grandparents and children. They can learn so much from absorbing our values and knowledge....but we can also enjoy fun with them too!

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Dear Debbie ~ Raspberry jam sounds so yummy! Canning is something I never learned. I did not hear of anyone or know anyone who canned down here in s.e. FL when I was young. I moved here in 1960. My MIL had done it when she lived up north before they moved here in 1957, to the hot and humid south.

Have a lovely holiday today and a wonderful week ~ FlowerLady

Kim said...

How special are those times you spend time with your grandsons and impart your skills, your wisdom and God's love to them. Indeed, they will remember and treasure those special times in their hearts and think upon them and you when they are older. Raspberry jam is my favourite too. Those jars of jams look utterly delicious! Such a wonderful thing to gift these jars of love to others.

Anne Payne said...

The jam looks amazing! Raspberry anything is my favorite. haha :-)
Grandchildren are something special, that's for sure. I miss mine and cherish the many memories I have of them coming to visit us at our little homestead farm. Labor Day is not a vacation day for us. It truly is a day of labor on our reconstruction of the front porch in extremely hot weather. Whew! Can't for cooler temps.

Love & hugs...

Joyful said...

Happy September to you dear Debbie. Raspberry jam making sounds like a wonderful way to pass the time with your grandsons.

Ruth Hiebert said...

The idea of cooking jam with your grandchildren is a great one. My granddaughter and I have baked together since she was a year old and now at 12 she is a very good baker, mostly doing it on her own.Hope you are doing well.

Regina said...

Debbie your jam is tablet screen licking good! I'm sure it tasted really good!

Cheryl said...

What a beautiful time of memory-making with those dear little grands! They will remember and cherish these times with Gamma later in life. God bless you, sweet friend. :)

hobbyloes said...

How precious are those moments with your grandchildren, that you may cherisch them.

Pamela M. Steiner said...

That raspberry jam sure sounds delicious...and to think that your grandsons will be helping you with it makes it all the sweeter!!! Enjoy that precious time...and yes, I know others will be blessed to receive such a gift from your bounty. So happy that you are up and around and enjoying your home and family again. Praise God for answered prayers.

Debby Ray said...

Mmmmmmm...I can almost take that lovely jam spread all over a piece of homemade bread! Raspberries are one of my favorites! I hope you have a wonderful week, dear Debbie! HUGS!

Roosterhead Designs said...

Hi Debbie,
I am so glad I had time to visit today. I appreciate your words of wisdom.
I've been battling (some things) and what you said about grandparents really
resonated with me and was a big encouragement. Thanks dear Debbie~
Your jam looks and sounds wonderful! Raspberry is my fav flavor too.
Hugs & love, karen o

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

Awe, what a special time for you and those Grandsons. That's the stuff memories are made of for sure. I pray my time with my Grans will be times that they will look back on with fondness. Blessings abundant Debbie!

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

I made some of Betty's raspberry jam just recently, too, Debbie! As you know, it is my favorite, although I do love the Christmas Jam, too. I love what you wrote about grandparents. Don't we hope that our influence touches our grandkids sweet souls? We all just want to make a difference. Have a wonderful rest of the week, my friend.

Stephanie said...

Mmmm...rasperry jam is my favorite too. It seems like it's been ages since I have had your wonderful homemade jam. I may just have to pop in for some toast...{{smiles}}

I hope your week is going well. Love you lots!

Jazzmin said...

Dear friend,
Oh how you have my mouth watering just at the mention of your delicious jams and the raspberries! Your heart is just so full of kindness and joy that beams out to bless others, whether through your blog or your jams or other ways of giving. And how blessed a time to spend with your sweet grandsons, how special that must be for them and you... what treasured memories you all are indeed making♥
Thank you for the encouragement and beautiful reminder of the verse in Hebrews, such wonderful words to think on on ministering.

I enjoyed visting you so much this evening and am thinking of you, dear Debbie, and hoping you are very well!♥
God bless you always,
Jazzmin

Anonymous said...

Oh, I did not make any jam this year :|
I wish my Parents ,and Hubby's had just ANYTHING to do with our Son, but they do not. My husbands mom died never even seeing our Son,and His Dad does not have a thing to do with him,nor us. In 32 years we have only seen his dad 5 times if that.. He is only an hour away, Mine is only 15 minutes away and has hardly a thing to do with us..
Just God,Hubby,Son,Myself ,and Our Church

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...