Monday, November 11, 2019

What Rolls off your Lipstick ?


For years now, my mornings in my private little "girlie" bathroom
have been my time to ponder.
What do I ponder on you might ask?
Just about everything ~ from my family to this world's happenings 
to the relationship I have with Jesus, (examining myself before God)
but always on God.
It's early...It's quiet...I'm all alone...And I know God meets me there.
Mornings spent in my little corner of our home
are directed in personal quiet talks with the Lord over so many things. 
This precious time is also used for my Scripture memory time, 
which allows for the beginning of the day to be focused on God, the One
who is greater than all the things which fill up my mind and heart.
As I finished off getting ready for the day ahead with a splash of lipstick
I had a thought and was reminded (from God I know) of certain Scripture verses
pertaining to my lips, my mouth, and what comes out of it.
As women, some of us like to pretty ourselves with a splash of lipstick
adding some color and sweetness to our lips.
But...what do we allow to roll off of those pretty little lips?
The Scriptures are very clear as to 
flattering with our lips.
♡♡♡
"He that goeth about as a talebearer revealeth secrets:
therefore meddle not with him that flattereth with his lips."
~ Proverbs 20:19 ~
♡♡♡
"A talebearer revealeth secrets: but he that is of a 
faithful spirit concealeth the matter."
~ Proverbs 11:13 ~
♡♡♡
A talebearer is a gossip, someone who likes to talk about others.
It's as easy as sitting over a cuppa with friends,
sharing and having a wonderful time together 
when someones name comes up and before you realize it,
that sweet fellowship can lead to gossip.
At that moment, are we willing to honor God's Word
and be of a "faithful spirit" who honors God with our lips?
Or will we fall prey to evil and open our lips saying something we shouldn't have?
"He that keepeth his mouth keepeth his life:
but he that openeth wide his lips
shall have destruction."
~ Proverbs 13:3 ~
♡♡♡
Oh Precious Jesus... as Your messengers, Your mouthpiece 
and Your ambassadors, may our lips be all that You want them to be ~
  encouraging, exhorting, edifying and uplifting.
Words really do matter.
They have the power to heal, to hurt, to love,
to hate, to change people and relationships.
♡♡♡
"Hear; for I will speak of excellent things;
and the opening of my lips shall be right things.
For my mouth shall speak truth; 
and wickedness is an abomination to my lips.
All the words of my mouth are in righteousness; 
there is nothing froward or perverse in them."
~ Proverbs 8:6-8 ~
♡♡♡
Open my lips, Lord, and my mouth will declare your praise.

Heavenly Father, 
we know that out of the abundance of the heart
 the mouth speaks ~ for good or evil.
By the power of Your Holy Spirit 
and as we apply Biblical Truths to our lives
help us to place a guard upon our lips,
to be true and faithful with our speech
so as to give You all the praise and glory.

Be Lovely!
Debbie

21 comments:

Linda said...

What a poignant post...and a gentle reminder how guilty I am at times of the things that come out of my mouth.

PS My blog addy has changed---long story. https://thatsmesimplylinda.blogspot.com/

Amelia said...

What a wonderful post Debbie! Yes, gossip hurts so many. Even just a raise of the eyebrow can hurt others or a look pealed across a room to another to signal disapproval etc.

When I was expecting my first little baby, I attended a little meeting at an older-than-me friend's home on home organization method. It was a sweet time but once in a while the friend who hosted would cross over speaking about someone. Another young lady in attendance at that kitchen table who just had her first baby was such a precious person, and Christian mommy. Since she was such a sweetheart she was accepted in what she would then say..."Let's pray for (that person who was being talked about). It was very interesting. A hush would fall and no one said a word and the subject would be changed. And no one even prayed aloud but everyone got the message in a kind way. The young lady, wise beyond her years was a darling, a blameless young lady who earned that respect to suggest such a godly thing.

When my dad was a little boy his sweet mother who I was named after would drop him off at Sunday school and warn him of the gossips there and how they hurt others, and for him to be careful. She passed away when he was ten and I have her underlined and bookmarked Moody Bible study book, she truly knew the Lord in a very real way, not the social meeting kind of way. But what a shame that that was the way it was back then even in the 30s.

I enjoyed your sweet post. Gossip does truly hurt others.

Love, Amelia

Elizabethd said...

What a kind way to turn the conversation.
Gossip is as sharp as any knife thrust.

Regina said...

This is a lovely post Debbie. Gossip is just terrible especially when it's at church. I know I've been the target of gossip and I know friends who've been targets. It's so hurtful that some have walked away from the Lord.
Let us all remember to take our tongues and avoid the gossip trail.

Cheryl said...

I try to remember every day to ask God to set a guard at the gate of my lips. I fail Him so miserably time after time, but praying that way has made me more aware of what I am saying, God help me. Thank you for this convicting post, my friend.

hobbyloes said...

How terrible when we gossip about other people, it is hard to be steadfast and not to participate.
What a sweet post Debbie, thank you. ♥

Ruth Hiebert said...

Thank you for these very important reminders of how we use our tongue. God help me to say words that uplift and not drag down.

Chris Lally said...

It is so easy to surrender to that nudge to spew gossip. Gossip grieves everyone, especially God.
Thank you for a wonderful post:)

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

What perfect verses from proverbs you’ve shared with us, dear Debbie. Thank you for letting God lead you and all from your special little corner of your world. We all need these reminders to let our lips speak with gracious and kind words.

Granny Marigold said...

Thank you for your wise words which we all need to hear.

happyone said...

A good reminder to watch what we say. Words sure can be mean and hateful.

Debbie Nolan said...

Debbie this post serves as a wonderful reminder that words are terrible weapons. Love how you shared scriptures...there are so many. Makes me think this has always been a virtue we are to pursue...guarding our mouth. Bless you for sharing. Hope you are having a blessed week. Hugs!

Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

Amen sister! Thank you for sharing your 'morning routine' . . . I find that often I am up and running and leave Jesus in the 'dust'. There really is no better way to start the day than filling our minds with scripture and the Lord and that's what can definitely help with what rolls off our lips!

Creations By Cindy said...

What a thought provoking post dear friend. Oh my! I had to pray last night about my mouth! YES...I found myself in the midst of letting Satan get the best of me and the next thing I knew my thoughts were hitting those lips! Just keeping it real! Don't we all struggle at times with this? But...I know that the smallest part of our body can surely do the most harm. May we bridle those tongues and keep those lips pretty! Hugs and blessings to you dear lady. Cindy

Roosterhead Designs said...

Debbie you are wise to ponder this~ Thank you for the gentle reminders <3 I appreciate you so much. Blessings to you, karen o

Carla from The River said...

Thank you Debbie,
Again, this is a special post at the right time. I am struggling with a very negative person at my work place. Sadly, that negativity can creep into one if not on guard and watching. I have been praying to God to help me stay strong with a JOYFUL attitude even when negative is all around me.
Thank you again for sharing.
Carla

Pamela M. Steiner said...

What a wonderful thought-provoking title and message today. Something to truly ponder as we go about our daily lives...how we speak and what we think before we speak and as we speak..these things really do matter. Thank you for this pause to remind me that I need to think before speaking!

Debby Ray said...

I love my alone time to ponder the things of life as well but as of late, those moments are few and far between. There are pros and cons I am finding out about living the retired life, especially in an RV...I petty much have to leave to go for a drive or a walk to have this time that I desperately need to hear from my Father. I'm not complaining mind you, but it is just something that even though I anticipated it, has become a reality. I am so blessed to have such beautiful surroundings in which to wander and ponder! As far as the lipstick goes, I've not been wearing much lately but your post has spoken to my heart. I don't think I'll ever apply my lipstick again without being reminded of the truth of this message, one that I needed to hear. God Bless you, dear Debbie!

Natalia said...

We should all remember that! Those quotes are dear to my heart, however it is so difficult sometimes to act like that. Thank you for this beautiful reminder!☺

Conniecrafter said...

Great reminder, I think what I have been asking God is to think before I speak, I usually say what I think and it isn't always necessary to do so and then I wonder if it came off the wrong way, as I am usually trying to be helpful, so I always end up going to the person and apologizing if I stuck my mouth were it didn't belong.

Marilyn @ MountainTopSpice said...

This post certainly shared a deep truth in a profound and meaningful way Debbie!

"Words really do matter. They have the power to heal, to hurt, to love, to hate, to change people and relationships."

This is so very true... in fact, the world was spoken into exisitence by the WORD of God, and it is important to remember! I have actually have used this several times myself recently as a way to let dear family know that the words they speak are powerful and have power to heal or hurt. May our words always be seasoned with grace!

Thank you for this powerful reminder, especially as the holidays approach, to keep a watch over our lips, and to remember that our words speak out of the abundance of our hearts.

May the Lord bless your travels to Arizona, and your sweet time with your family next weekend! Much love to you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...