Monday, November 18, 2019

Meet our Foxy Lady ~

A great BIG Hello to each and every one of you!
Is it really possible that Thanksgiving (here in the States anyway)
is in less than two weeks?
October hit us hard with snow and some below freezing temps (-7)
but November has been absolutely beautiful with those
Colorado blue skies and warmer days,
in fact, the 28 inches of snow we had at our home
has nearly disappeared. Hard to believe that I was out on my
snowshoes twice with that awesome snow.


I'd like for you to meet our new friend Foxy Lady,
isn't she one gorgeous fox?!
She's the prettiest female we've seen on our property over the past 25 years.
Cooper, or White Paw as I called him (he had only one white paw) was an
older Male who became buddies with my husband, but never returned 
after one hard winter. We think he died of old age, he seemed very wise
and I'm sure that's why he lived to be so old.
Cooper would take an egg right out of our hands ~ he sat with us 
when we had a fire in the outside pit ~ played like a dog with my husband
and came around as if we were his family.


Unlike Cooper, Foxy Lady has yet to figure the egg out. 🤔
Hence ~ fox in the hen house.
She greets my husband at the garage when he arrives home from work ~
she waits on our front porch early every morning
to say Good Morning. 
We find her curled up with that full and fluffy tail wrapped around her
keeping herself warm and snug.
My husband sits and talks with her on the deck, it's so cute.
Their buddies now.


Foxy Lady had two babies this Spring and brought them around
only a few times (sadly no pictures) but we have not seen her babies.
She's not as calm as Cooper was, she's always looking up and around,
maybe the mountain lion got her young ones as we've had a problem.
Look at those velvet legs and ears, she's gorgeous!


Foxy Lady wants to play with Donatella but I'm not so sure 
she wants to bother with her.
Not knowing Donatella's story before we rescued her
leaves us uncertain of her social training as she doesn't 
really pay much attention to other dogs or other animals 
for that matter, she's kind of aloof. 
We think she was used in a puppy mill, she's a lemon Beagle,
rare because she has no dark spots.
In this particular picture above my sweet Donatella
isn't feeling very well, so of course she isn't giving Foxy Lady
much of her attention.


Look at this darling face!
Donatella loves to sing for her Kong filled with treats in the morning 
and twice I've caught her falling backwards onto her back...Yikes!
The vet told us that Beagles are known to have back problems 
because their bodies are long so we need to be careful.
Well...a Beagle with no song...that is going to be hard to change.
Our vet did a laser treatment on Donatella's back,
Wow, it was amazing!
That girl was feeling better soon after we arrived home.



Isn't she precious.
It's been just over a week now and my baby girl is slowly returning back to herself. 
Oh! I nearly forgot to mention that while we were waiting 
for the vet in the exam room I was rubbing Donatella's ears...she loves that...
and I felt a bump behind her ear, I thought it was a wart,
she has been blessed with a few of those, poor darling.
Turns out it was an abscess from a spider bite. ☹
Poor, poor baby girl...
With each day she's growing stronger and stronger, 
going up and down the stairs by herself, enjoying her walks
with a little more enthusiasm and staying close by my side 
rather than sleep the day away.
 I'm praising the Lord for His watch care over her
and for my wonderful veterinarian and her assistant.

"Sing aloud unto the God our strength:
make a joyful noise unto the God of Jacob."
~ Psalm 81:1 ~

Joy!
Debbie


30 comments:

Alessandra said...

Donatella and the Fox Lady are an amazing couple of friends
Hugs

hobbyloes said...

How wonderful that a fox is so tame and that she is so close to a dog. They are both so beautiful.
Thanks for Donatella's recovery, be careful with her back.

Brenda said...

Debbie,
I can't tell you how much I have loved reading this post, it made me very emotional. I love people like you and your husband who have a special love for animals, and I know that animals give back what they receive. My husband and myself have always had rescue cats, and you would not believe the conversations that our cat Tinker has with him on the bed at night. He speaks in cat language :-) and she returns the same sounds. I keep saying I will record it, but have not done it. I wonder if the new lady fox is related to Copper, it could be.
God bless you for your kindness to God's creatures.

Brenda said...

By the way, Donatella could not be in a better place, as I am sure everyone who reads your post will agree.

Linda said...

Oh wow....thank you for the smiles...and I am glad Donatella is feeling better.

Amelia said...

This was wonderful, oh my goodness, a fox-pet! She is beautiful, it's amazing how animals seem to know who will care for them kindly. Donatella is just a sweetheart!

Oh it made me sad to hear of the mountain lion, we have them here too along with coyotes and such.

Loved my fascinating visit here, and I'm so glad Donatella is feeling better, what a lovely girl!

Debbie Nolan said...

Debbie your Foxy Lady is adorable. We occasionally see a fox but never one that is almost tame. Such great photos. So glad to read that Donatella is doing better. What a sweet dog. We had a beagle growing up - I was very small and barely remember him. We called him Jigs. Well take care friend and enjoy the warmer weather. So glad to read that your snow is almost gone. We too are enjoying more kinder temperatures. Hugs!

Evelyn Bray said...

That is so cool! She is a beauty!

Elizabethd said...

Your Foxy Lady is beautiful. Sadly, foxes are considered vermin here and no one would want them in the garden, or elsewhere.

Anne Payne said...

I had no idea you could become friends with a F.O.X. Fox. hehe if you know the reference. Copper's surely gorgeous though. And Donatella....so glad she is doing okay. I know she is your sweet buddy!!! {{hugs}}

Granny Marigold said...

Foxy Lady is sure pretty!! I didn't know foxes could be tamed ( more or less).

Patti said...

You have a couple of beautiful canines in your life! Foxy Lady is stunning, and it is so amazing that she isn't afraid of y'all and is making friends. That is very cool.

That Donatella is adorable. I totally love beagles. They really capture your heart, don't they? I'm glad she is on the mend. I always hate it when my sweet girls aren't feeling up to snuff.

Blessings to you,
Patti

Chris Lally said...

You warmed my heart on this chilly gray day, Debbie:) So glad your sweet Donatella is on the road to recovery. Yes, God is good...
Big hugs, Chris

Betty said...

WOW, I did not know foxes would come that close to people. It looks so cute.

Ruth Hiebert said...

That is just too precious to have a 'wild' fox come and sit with you and act like you are his family. My husband would have loved that. he was always trying to get the animals and birds to come to him.

happyone said...

Wow that is an amazing story about the foxes.

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

I never knew that a fox would warm up to humans, how neat. And, so glad that Donatella is feeling better. She's so pretty. Can't believe you've already that amount of snow. We were at 67 today and of course, we likely won't get a flake of snow. Great to hear from you. Blessings abundant!

Regina said...

Donnatella is blessed to be a part of your family. Such sweet doggie 🐶

I love the picture of Foxy Lady. We have seen fox occassionally here but never as brave and take as Foxy Lady🦊

Marilyn @ MountainTopSpice said...

What a delightful post Debbie! How wonderful that you and your husband have tamed another fox, that is so amazing to see and hear about! Poor Donnatella, my heart breaks for her, so sad what she may have experienced in her previous lifetime. Prayers that she heals up quickly and feels better! I truly enjoyed the pictures of Miss Foxy Lady, she is a real beauty! Our October was frigid as well, with lots of snow (now melted), and November has been mild and sunny! It's been great! Enjoyed this post so very much, much love to you :)

Joyful said...

What a touching post about Cooper, Foxy Lady and Donatella. Cooper sounds like a really fine fox. It's amazing how he bonded with your husband. In time I'm sure the new fox will do the same. Sorry about Donatella's back problem but glad to hear she had a good vet to take care of her. She is a real sweetheart.

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

Your Donatella has the sweetest face, Debbie, and I know she brings you much joy. I’m so glad that she’s feeling much better now. Your story of Cooper and now Foxy Lady was so heartwarming. You certainly have such wonderful nature to fill your hearts with love and blessings. Thank you for sharing with us. 😘

Cheryl said...

Oh, wow! That is amazing how tame that fox is! Such a sweet relationship she has with your husband. He must really have a way with animals, like an animal whisperer! I'm sure Foxy Lady brings a lot of joy to you both and maybe little Donatella will warm to her, in time. I am so sorry your poor baby has had to go through so much, and it is so wonderful that she now has such a loving home and tender care. I can't believe how much snow you have already had, and it isn't even winter yet! God bless you, sweet friend. :)

Roosterhead Designs said...

Hello to you Debbie~
That must be the most elegant fox I've ever seen! She is gorgeous~ (When living in C. Springs I used to see them in my neighborhood quite often.)
Hope Dona' is back to her old self again! Wishing you a great rest of the week~ Hugs, karen o

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Oh my, what a lovely story! Foxy Lady is gorgeous! I love that she is comfortable around you all. You may have a sweet friend this winter to keep you company. Donatella might get a wee bit jealous, or she may just enjoy the company too. Beautiful beagle lady!!I am partial to Beagles, having had a couple of them in my childhood. But they do love to hunt!
Thank you for sharing this story and the lovely pictures. Amazing!!!

Great-Granny Grandma said...

Foxy Lady is gorgeous. I really enjoyed reading this post. Never realized foxes warmed up to people and could be so tame. And Donatella is a lovely little lady too. Glad she's feeling better.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

What a beautiful fox and to see it SO close! Love your sweet dog too, hope she is better now! I miss Stephanie...TELL HER!!! Hugs!

Rose L said...

WOW!!!! SO COOL! I would take tons of photos!!!!

Debby Ray said...

Oh wow...what a special gift to be able to bond with those beautiful foxes! And Foxy Lady is a stunning beauty! I'm sorry your sweet Donatella has been having these issues...and of course as someone who has dachshunds, we are quite familiar with the dangers of their spinal issues. so glad you got that abcess taken care of too! She is SUCH a beautiful girl! Again, Happy Thanksgiving, dear friend! ♥

Pom Pom said...

Hi sweet Debbie! Oh, the fox (both) are amazing and your hubby is a fox whisperer!
I'm glad Donatella is better. Spider bite! Yikes!
Happy Thanksgiving, friend! xo

Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

How amazing!! I had no idea that foxes could be that social! We have them around us because we have many nature and forest preserves. The closest I've been is one sitting in front of a neighbor's house and I was on the sidewalk. They are beautiful! LOVE the pics of Foxy Lady - gorgeous. Sweet Donatella - I'm glad she's found some relief and is getting back to herself! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...