Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Joy in my Days ~



Joy to you my lovely friends!
These past few days I have been enjoying the link up party over at
Stephanie's  The Enchanting Rose.
What a fabulous party!!
If you have yet to visit her Blog and the other ladies,
I would encourage you to pour yourself a spot of tea in your prettiest tea cup
and take some time just looking at all the sweet gifts that were
both given and received, and maybe visit those dear ladies who have linked up
and share in their joy.
This was my dear Stephanie's last exchange
and all 12 of her exchanges have been tremendously organized 
bringing so many dear ladies together through a teacup or mug.
It was beautiful while it lasted,
but I certainly understand her need in stepping away.
As I look into my china cabinet, I see love and friendships
in every tea cup that I have been given
and I will cherish those memories that have been made for years to come.
These are just a few of the teacups I have been gifted.


It's that time once again when my husband and I pack up the
Motor Home and enjoy some time away in Canada.
The first weekend in June is always the 
World Crokinole Championships 
when my dear husband and his dad look forward to this time spent together.
Here's a video you can watch if you are unfamiliar with crokinole .
By the way ~ the board that is being used for this particular tournament in this video
 is one of my dear husband's hand crafted boards.
My husband makes crokinole boards as a hobby and sells them.
*Colorado Crokinole Boards*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ub9fLkc-wLg&t=521s

While we are there visiting my husband and his dad will enjoy their day's together
while I enjoy some quiet, God and I time
bike rides along the lake front and walks with Donatella on the beautiful rail trail.
It's a win-win time away for the two of us.


Over the next couple of months you will find that my posts may be sparse, 
but hey ~ Summer is just around the corner
and I know most of you are out and about enjoying the beauty
that surrounds you on these bright and warmer days
leaving  your computer's inside where they belong.
When I return home my knee surgery will soon follow, *July 9*
so...once again... I will be in and out with my Blog.
This knee replacement should have been done 3 1/2 years ago,
but life just happens, doesn't it?
I can honestly say that I'm more than ready!
May I please ask for your prayers?
While I trust the Lord completely, things can happen
and I know that God would have us to pray one for another.
Thank you!

~ ☆ ☆ ♡♡♡ ☆ ☆ ~

It's been awhile since I have given an up-date on mom
and I am happy to tell you that she has done remarkably 
on her own in Arizona!
I am doing my own personal {{praise & happy dance}} each and every day!!
A few weeks after I left mom she and her care-giver went out together
and mom did some driving, it wasn't too long after wards
that mom began driving on her own.
Mom has truly been amazing!
Mom's "other Debbie" is still looking in on her a couple of days a week,
and for that I am very grateful.
As I shared before, while I was getting mom settled
I prayed for peace, a peace that would assure me that I could come home
and rest knowing that My God was going to look after mom.
Well...its been 2 1/2 months since my return home
and there has not been one single day that I have wondered
or stressed over the fact that mom is living alone.
God continues to strengthen mom's body day by day
and He certainly has His eye on His sparrow
and watches over her.

~ ☆ ☆ ♡♡♡ ☆ ☆ ~

While many of you have enjoyed the gorgeous blossoms
on your trees, we are just beginning to see our buds open.
This is our Crab Apple tree and any day now it will be in full glorious bloom.
I've been praying that it happens soon
so we can enjoy it's beauty before we leave.
Here in Colorado, especially in the mountains, I believe June is the prettiest month.
Everything is new ~ fresh ~ green ~ alive and the temperature is perfect.



For Mother's Day my daughter Stephanie gifted me with the sweetest book!
"Happy Day"
Turn this book into a bouquet ~ By Molly Hatch
"Around the world and across time, flowers have always been deeply symbolic. 
They help us celebrate, commemorate, and communicate
 beyond the limitations of words."
This book is quite unique ~ the author shares facts about a flower
with inspiring words and a flower then pops up creating 
a beautiful bouquet in the vase.
The vase is on the front cover of the book, pretty clever.
Now it sits on my kitchen counter near the bright window
reminding me of my daughter's love. ♡
This beautiful bouquet will never have to be thrown out.
Did you know that the Daisy opens its petals in the morning with the sun
and closes them at night?
Daisies look on the bright side ~ in fact, they do not open on cloudy days.
"This flower tells us to take pleasure in daily rituals that help us feel
grounded, and to simplify our lives where ever possible."


The world is full of hurting people,
lets make it a daily habit to pour out our lives, building others up
and strengthening them through positive and encouraging words
showing love through Christ's example.

Joy to you!
~ Debbie ~

26 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

What a sweet post! Stephanie did a beautiful job with the exchanges, and I can understand her stepping away from it.

What wonderful news about your Mom. She's a real trooper.

May you and your dear husband have a wonderful time away from home.

I pray your knee surgery will go smoothly and that your healing time will be swift and complete afterwards.

Love, hugs & prayers for you dear Debbie ~ FlowerLady

Patti said...

What a unique and beautiful book. A lovely gift from your sweet girl, indeed.

Wishing you a fantastic time away, and safe travels too.

Ah, knee surgery. Seems like so many people I know have had that lately. May yours go smoothly, and may your recuperation time provide you with many sweet moments with the Lord.

Love,
Patti @ Celebrating Our Days

Stephanie said...

What a fun and lovely post. It was nice to simply "catch up" with you and read about what's filling your days.

I hope you and dad have a wonderful time away and I truly hope it's relaxing and peaceful.

Your crab tree looks so pretty! I can't help but think of the time dad took us girls to pick out that tree for you. You know the story, there were only two left and we picked the "crooked" one since the other one didn't look too hot.

Anyway, have a beautiful day! Love you!

Chas' Crazy Creations said...

Wonderful post, thank you for sharing :) I truly enjoyed the wonderful tea cup and mug exchange again this year and your tea cups are beautiful! I truly hope you have a wonderful trip. Safe travels my friend and sending hugs.

Bernideen said...

I hope you have a safe and wonderful trip! Especially love that cottage teacup to the left on the shelf! Amazing.

Decor To Adore said...

What a joy-filled post! I adore teacup reveal day. So much loveliness to behold. May sunshine and joy be yours.

Rose L said...

Have a wonderful June. So happy to hear that your mother is doing fine!

Roosterhead Designs said...

Hello Debbie~
This was such a lovely and encouraging post! Thank you
for sharing~
What wonderful news about your mom<3 Thank you Jesus!
Prayers for you in July for your surgery. Hugs, karen o

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

Thank you for all the updates, dearest Debbie. You and your mom are still in my daily prayers, and will continue to be. Have a wonderful time away with your hubby and your Donatella. Love and blessings to you.....

Amelia said...

Hello Dear Debbie! What a sweet post. : )

Oh I can so relate to our mother's aging, my mother is 88 (I can hardly believe it!) and she is on my mind quite a bit. She is a steady matter of prayers. : ) I know the happy dance daily too... oh yes. *big smile* I so get you on this!

On a day when things slow down for you, you will have to post a pic of Donatella! I'll have to look at your back posts too to see if I see her.

I liked what you wrote about stopping in on others to brighten their day. I think that in cyberland it is truly important to do that. I at one time was on xanga blogging there, and I would receive and give many comments. Ever since changing to blogger because of moral issues I saw on xanga, things seem so different. I suppose the facebook phenomonon took many too. So it's extra special to meet up in cyberland with sweet cyber friends as yourself. I too try to stop and give people a cheery hello when I can, it's always nice too when they want to be a friend as well! : ) It's so easy to do here in cyberland too. We can do the Lord's work right here right? : )

I am glad to know when your knee surgery is, I will certainly be praying. I trust your vacation get-away will be great fun!

Take care now, until the next time! Love, ~Amelia

Ruth Hiebert said...

I am so happy to hear that your Mom is doing well. God is good and He loves to give us so much more than we even ask for.

Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

Sounds like you'll have a great start to your summer! I have never heard of Crokinole - looks like the 'boys' will really enjoy their time together! As for the knee replacement . . . I'm 3 years out from mine and while it was challenging at first, I'm SO glad I had it done!! You'll do great . . . just be patient and before you know it, you'll be dancing! So glad to hear your mom is doing so well -- truly amazing that she's even driving on her own!! Enjoy your travels!

Saleslady371 said...

Wow, Debbie, that's quite a collection of beautiful tea cups! I can tell you are looking forward to your trip to Canada; have fun. I'm glad your mom is doing so well. She sounds like she loves her independence. I definitely am praying for your knee surgery. I was on the treadmill and bike at the gym today and couldn't stop thanking God for pain free exercise! You will feel so much better. But it's a commitment and PT seems like it drains, but oh so worth it! Thank you for the daisy info. I must save it for it is my favorite flower! God bless your summer. Loving hugs to you.

hobbyloes said...

Glad that your mom is doing so well!
You have recieved so many lovely teacups.
We will pray for your knee surgery, Debbie.
Wish you a lovely time with your motor home, thanks for this beautiful post and bless you!

Alessandra said...

I'm so glad to hear about Your mum. This is a such lovely post. The teacups are just gorgeous
Hugs

Cheryl said...


Dearest Debbie, Your tea cups are beautiful, what fun and special memories from the tea cup exchanges for you.
What a blessing to hear how your mom is doing, our God is so faithful!
What a special time for you and your husband.
Praying for your knee replacement and a quick recovery for you.
Right now is a lovely time of year in our area with trees in bloom and more to come along with the flowers. Each day seems to have something new starting to bloom!
Hugs, Cheryl

Cheryl said...

Oh, I am so thankful to know how well your dear Mom is doing! I am still keeping you both in prayer. God is SO faithful. To think she was SO low not very long ago, and it didn't look like she could ever get better, and now she is driving!! Oh, God is so good and faithful, and we owe Him all our praise. I hope you have a wonderful trip to Canada and many precious moments at the feet of Jesus. Sending love and hugs to you tonight, sweet friend. :)

Deborah Montgomery said...

I totally missed Stephanie's teacup exchange this time; I didn't know it was the last. She did an absolutely beautiful job with all of it, and we all have some beautiful memories and good friends because of it. Enjoy your time in Canada, sounds wonderful. And your mom is amazing!! I know how concerned you were about her going back to Arizona. The Lord has really answered the desire of her heart and been able to put you at ease too. I will be praying about your knee surgery Debbie. xo Deborah

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

Oh, Debbie, I was so glad to see this post and to hear the latest going on in your world. I am so happy about your Mom, that is so amazing! Enjoy your time away and I pray that your knee surgery will be as successful as all the folks I know who have had the surgery. NOTE: some issues with Blogger have made me a "no reply" blogger and several others as well and we wait patiently for them to get it corrected. So, aggravating! Blessings Debbie!

Sylvia said...

Beautiful teacups, Debbie. Have a great time visiting family.

Linda Walker said...

Wow Debbie, sounds like your mom has really had an amazing recovery! Driving??? that is incredible! I guess we both have very strong moms!! Wishing you a safe and happy trip! Most of all, enjoy and rest! Love all of your tea cups too! Beautiful collection!!! xx Linda

Jazzmin said...

Dearest Debbie, what a joy to visit your blog this morning and see you have been writing again! I saw your post from January, which I read in February or so and I didn't comment because I thought it may be too late if you'd left the blog and may not see it. I've been meaning for quite sometime to message you on pinterest to say hello- I think of you often, dear friend, and I visited your blog again this morning because I thought of you, only to be delighted to find your new posts♥

What a blessing and smile your sharings brought to my day... from the beautiful teacup memories inside your cabinet to behold, to the blooms on your most glorious tree and the truly precious gift from Stephanie. What a wonderful book, such cheer and loveliness.

Praising the Lord to hear of how well your dear mother is doing and how she is able to live so fully. That is just wonderful, as is the peace you have from the Lord as He watches over her each day. I will keep her in my prayers.

Will also be keeping you in my thoughts and close in prayer with your surgery, praying the Lord has His loving protection and blessing over your health and over you on that day and during recovery.
I hope you have a blessing of a trip with your husband and sweet Donatella! What joy you must feel to be looking forward to your walks and bike rides and time with the Lord in His creation.

Love and many hugs to you!
Jazzmin

Anonymous said...

What a happy post! Glad to hear of all of your joys. :) I wish you and yours a very happy summer and will pray for your surgery. :)

Marilyn @ MountainTopSpice said...

The month of May was a blur for me and I'm sorry I missed when you wrote this post! How thrilled I am to know that you were headed to Canada for such a special time! And oh my! To hear that your mom is even out able to drive, how amazing is that! So thankful for the Lord's provision and care for her!!! I hope you had a special and wonderful time while in Canada! My prayers and thoughts are always with you! I look forward to hearing about your trip and your special time with the Lord while you were there! Hugs and blessings!!!

Lillie said...

What a heart warming and beautiful post. Wishing you a wonderful summer and prayers for your surgery. Thank you for coming by my blog and leaving me your sweet comments. Take care!

Annesphamily said...

I was sad because I was out of the loop so long and did not realize Stephanie was not going to host the tea cup exchanges anymore. IT would have been so much fun to participate int he final one. I truly love all things related to tea and althoguh I do'nt have much room to add another cup or mug (lol) (wink wink) it makes my heart happy. My husband and I went to the Rockies game this past Saturday. I wore capri pants and he was smarter than I was! He wore his jeans. we took light jackets because we heard it was going to be clear and in the high 60's! As a Coloraod native, I have never in my life seen a rainstorm like the one that hit. We were under cover but as the wind started up it blew directly into us. We came home frozen and drank hot tea to warm up. I can not complain because it was wind and thunder and hail and driving rains and I wonder if God felt we all need a good cleansing. Considering the state of our world I often wonder what he must think of all the sad and hateful things that happen. It must make Him very sad too. Anyway, it was good to see you here. I will miss Stephanie and really need to visit her but am glad I stopped by here today. I hope your day is blessed. Hugs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...