Monday, May 14, 2018

Friends though a Teacup ♡

" With smiles and prayers I send this off to you."
These are the closing words in Debra's hand written letter
she enclosed with my teacup and treasures that 
I knew right a way that I wanted to become friends with Debra,
I mean...with those precious words, who wouldn't want to be her friend?
Are you like me ~ sometimes when you meet someone for the first time
you just know in your heart that you want to be their friend?
Often times you will hear me say,
"I just want to be their friend."
My dear Stephanie can attest to that ~

~ ☆ ☆ ♡♡♡ ☆ ☆ ~

As I opened my gift box, I could feel the love that was tucked inside.
Surprise after surprise after surprise!
I was beginning to think that her box was like Mary Poppins bag,
it had no bottom, the treasures just kept coming.
Debra created and gathered gifts that she believed I would enjoy
and all in {{pink}}!!
Oh...the beauty of pink!
Debra certainly did her homework and took the time to personalize 
every single gift that was so carefully packaged up for my delight.
Debra ~ thank you for sharing your love with me!
I appreciated each and every gift that you poured yourself into. 

~ ☆ ☆ ♡♡♡ ☆ ☆ ~

Just look at this fine bone china teacup from England
with its dainty floral design, isn't she lovely?
And Debra's hand crafted mug-rug edged with pretty lace, so unique.




Debra's beautifully hand written letter graced with sweet words ~




Everything was so beautiful ~
Many of these gifts were hand crafted by Debra's very own hands.
You will notice in the upper corner of the left side of the one photo
some very unique handmade picks for adding that special touch
to your tea sandwiches or dessert dainties.
Adorable!




I LOVE this book!
I have already read many of these stories with much laughter and a tear or two.
Debra made the bookmark and pretty pink runner.




Many afternoons I have enjoyed myself  with a cup of tea and a tiny piece of this divine chocolate reading a story or two next to the fire.
Yes, I said fire!
While it is Spring time, we still enjoy the fire in our country mountain home.

~ ☆ ☆ ♡♡♡ ☆ ☆ ~

 For my lady ~ I had the joy of putting together a package
themed with what I believed Cheryl over at
Molly's Kitchen would enjoy.
I went with baking items after reading her blog and saw her creative baking skills
and then added some extra items for inspiration.
I learned on Cheryl's blog that she is recently a widow
and I wanted to spoil her with a little extra love.
Cheryl's blog is new to me and I'm looking forward to
following along with her and prayerfully making a new friend
through Stephanie's teacup exchange.
My gift for Cheryl ~




Grace~beauty~gentleness~sweet spirit~generous~organized
and filled with the love of God~
This would be my dear Stephanie!
Once again ~ our lives have been enriched through Stephanie's
time, effort and incredible organizational skills as she 
 pulls together yet another, teacup exchange.
Stephanie, thank you for all that you do, with a joyful heart,
so that those of us who enjoy this exchange may be blessed,
not only with a teacup to add to our collection, but in the making of new friends.
Your hard work and time consuming efforts
will not go unnoticed.
God bless you, as you have blessed us.

~ ☆ ☆ ♡♡♡ ☆ ☆ ~

" With thankful hearts, let us praise the Lord."

Joy!
~ Debbie ~

31 comments:

Amelia said...

Oh my goodness! That teacup set is beautiful! The lace edged cloth is so lovely and full of thoughtfulness.

I think it's so nice, your gift to your friend who is recently widowed, that is just wonderful, so generous and pretty too1

So nice to treat myself to your blog this morning!

Love and prayers, Amelia

Sarah said...

The teacup you received is absolutely stunning! I am so grateful for the sweet friends I have made through the teacup exchange. To me the friendships are truly the best part. : )

Debbie Nolan said...

Debbie - what a lovely package you received. Your tea cup is so beautiful. What wonderful blessings - especially a new friendship. Have a lovely day. Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Love your tea cup. It looks beautiful:)

Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

THAT is a beautiful cup! And what a delightful package she put together for you!! The Exchange has become something I really look forward to and I'm always 'collecting' things to put in the next box. Your gifts you sent are beautiful too - it truly is an amazing chance to meet friends you never would meet otherwise!

Debby Ray said...

Debbie, you gave AND received some lovely, lovely things.
It is quite evident that you both put forth great effort with the choices that were made...gorgeous teacups! What a blessing it is to make new friends this way! I am getting my post ready for later this week and am thoroughly enjoying it. Another Teacup and Mug Exchange in the books! Hugs!

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

What a blessing your dear daughter is in our lives, Debbie! She brings so much joy through this teacup exchange. Don't we just love putting together our package? The added bonus is we anxiously await our box to arrive. You gave and received such thoughtful gifts. I always think of the giver when I sip from the teacup that they sent me....I love that!

Creations By Cindy said...

Awe, what you gave and what you received is so precious. I have made precious friends through the tea cup exchange. One in which I call my soul sister across the miles. We are so much alike in so many ways that it's almost like, "I think we might have been twins". LOL! Such precious gifts dear Debbie. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Sandi said...

What a great idea! Is that a Lindor chocolate? Mmm... :)

That's a good friend, Debbie. But you already knew that.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Oh wow! You received and also gave such beautiful and thoughtful gifts.I do believe that I have a teacup and saucer just like the one you received.It used to belong to my mother.She loved setting the Sunday table with fancy dishes.

Cheryl said...

Oh, such beautiful things to behold ~ both what you sent and what you received! I think the very best part of all of this is the two new friends we meet in the process. Such a dear blessing your dear, sweet girl is...she has outdone herself and encouraged all of us so much once again. May Jesus bless you and dear Stephanie, too! Sending love and hugs to you and continuing to faithfully pray for you and your dear Mom.

Patti said...

Such a beautiful teacup! All your goodies are lovely. You were certainly loved on by Debra. And you sure loved on Cheryl with all the lovelies you sent her way.

I have been wanting to be part of one of Stephanie's exchanges for quite awhile now. Unfortunately, they always seem to take place when I am on a blog break, so I don't find out about them until after the fact. But since I'm expecting this time of blogging to last a very long time, I think I might be able to get in on the next one.

Have a lovely day!

Love,
Patti

Anne Payne said...

Wow!!! You both gave and received lovely packages! The teacup/mug is so much fun. I've enjoyed being a part of it again. ~Blessings, my friend

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

What joys and treasures both coming and going.

Oh and you are so right - your daughter works so hard so that we may open our loving circles of friendship one exchange at a time. It is such a blessing.

Your tea cup is absolutely lovely, Deb- just as you are, my dear.

Blessings to you always.

♥ Hugs and prayers!

Anonymous said...

Both of these packages are just so pretty! It's always so fun to see what everyone gave and received. And I'm always so intrigued by just how many different colors/designs there actually are for teacups! Isn't it amazing? I'm so glad you were blessed through this. :)

hobbyloes said...

Ooohh, you recieved a beautiful package, the teacup is so lovely!!
I enjoyed all the nice photos of the gifts you gave and recieved.
Have a blessed week!♥

Linda said...

Oh how lovely!!!! Please forgive me, I am falling behind in visiting. I hope the rest of your week is a beautiful one, smiles.

Roosterhead Designs said...

Such a lovely exchange Debbie~ And how much fun! : )
I'm happy to visit your post today and hear of your
new-found friendship! I know Debra will be blessed by
you too <3
Have a great day~ karen o

Pamela M. Steiner said...

That is all absolutely stunning and beautiful...and I can imagine that your new friend Cheryl was overcome with joy when she opened your package so lovingly and thoughtfully put together...and the one you received just took my breath away! What a delightful exchange and way to make friends. Thank you for sharing this with us.

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

There is so much love and thought put into the giving and receiving. What a nice blessing for you all!

Regina said...

Oh that is so sweet! I think you teacup is very pretty. I really like admiring pretty teacups. Have a blessed evening!

Margie said...

Stephanie is the best hostess! These teacup exchanges bring so much joy to the participants.

Your Pretty in Pink-themed package is perfect for you and I'm sure that Cheryl loved her baking-themed package. I thought I spotted a soap with a pink teacup?

Stephanie said...

Well...I just read a few of your comments and now I have tears in my eyes! These ladies are just too sweet.

Anyway, I did not come here to cry-HA! I came to comment on your beautiful post...which by the way, the pictures look simply lovely. The love Debra poured into your package is so evident and I can't help but smile at her sweet kindness and generosity. She has a heart of gold and I'm so glad the two of you were able to connect.

And oh, what a stunning package you sent to Cheryl. The treasures you included were just perfect and I am sure she was richly blessed by you.

Have a wonderful day! Love you!

Linda Walker said...

Hi Debbie,
What gorgeous tea cups!! The package you received was full of pretty things--the fan looks gorgeous! Love the mugmat with crocheted edging! So sweet! You've definitely been spoiled!!!! The package you sent was so thoughtful....and that tea cup! LOVE! Such a pretty design and color! Yes, your Stephanie has a heart of gold and I appreciate all the time and effort she has put in to this swap. So many friendships formed out of Stephanie's kindness!

Hope all is well Debbie. Think of you so often my friend!!! xx Linda

Alessandra said...

The tea cup is such beautiful and very romantic. Great gifts
Hugs

Marilyn @ MountainTopSpice said...

Such beautiful gifts of love you both sent and received! Truly an incredible time of joy for both giver and receiver! I'm so sad that Stephanie will not be continuing the tea exchange, but I do understand how much work it has become, amazing that it has grown to 250 people! I know you have been a huge help to her as well with organizing it. Such lovely tea items you received, how I know you will enjoy each precious item gifted to you :) Appreciate you my dear friend, and pray for the Lord's richest blessings in your life :)

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Debbie, Such a joy to stop by and view the beauty sent and received once again in this special teacup/mug exchange. Your gift is beautiful and all so special along with the gifts you sent your recipient. Stephanie has done a beautiful job of organizing all this once again and in return the blessings are overflowing for all. So enjoyed my visit. Hope all is well for you and your mother is doing better too.
God Bless my friend with love always. xo

Bethany Carson said...

Both the teacup you sent and the one you received are so beautiful! Seeing your post makes it so I can hardly wait till the next teacup exchange to try to find a cup just as pretty for my next recipient!

Jennifer said...

SO very wonderful are gentle words spoken! Friendship starts with a simple hello! How wonderful to enjoy these packages, and you have such loveliness in yours!

Debbie said...

What a beautiful package of gifts...full of inspiration and love....from both of you, to wonderful women!!! What a blessing you all are to each other. Enjoy the heartfelt treasures so thoughtfully sent, Debbie.
Have a grand week!
Debbie
xo

Michael Sheen said...

It’s really a nice and helpful piece of info. I’m happy that you shared this beautiful package of gifts. Thanks for sharing.
Best Samsung washing Machines

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...