Monday, October 28, 2019

Yes ~ God hears our Prayers

We have such a blessed assurance from the Scriptures 
that God hears and answers our prayers in His time.
We can have the confidence in knowing that as we turn 
to the One who gladly listens to us as we pour our hopes 
and fears our joys and concerns out in prayer,
those precious moments will bring us very near to the heart of God.
As I was reading John's birth announced to Zacharias
in the book of Luke chapter 1 certain words leaped off the page;
not that I had never read those words before, as I most certainly had,
but they spoke differently as God's Word does each time we read it;
Because it is the Living Word of God.
"But the angel said to him [Zacharias] 
"Do not be afraid Zacharias, for
Your prayer is heard;
and your wife Elizabeth will bear you a son,
and you shall call his name John."
Chapters 1-3 are so exciting because they speak of
John's birth, Christ's birth announcement, Mary's visit to Elizabeth 
and the song of Mary.
But...it was those words "your prayer is heard"
that spoke so strongly to my heart this particular day.
The angel Gabriel, stood in the presence of God,
and was sent to bring Zacharias good tidings. WOW!


"But know that the Lord has set apart for Himself  him who is godly;
The Lord will hear when I call to Him."
~ Psalm 4:3 ~
Psalm 4 speaks of why we should pray ~
In God's infinite love and wisdom, God always knows
what to give us in answer to our prayers.
I think we can all attest to the fact that our prayers
do not always change our situation,
but they should always change us.
As we bring our anxieties to our all-wise, all-loving,
and all-sovereign God, we can be assured,
He is enough!

Four years ago when my dad was undergoing triple bypass surgery 
I called upon many of you for prayer,
and you were faithful.
I knew that you were faithful in your prayers, because I could sense 
the presence of God in that time of great burden.
There was a peace that was unexplainable, 
a peace that passed all understanding for what was taking place.
One evening during those last days when dad would be with us
mom and I were ready to rest our weary heads upon our pillows 
when mom said to me ~
"Debbie, I'm exhausted... yet I do not believe I will be able to sleep"
Mom was worried...it wasn't looking good for dad.
I too was exhausted...
But ~
I knew that I could lay my weary head down and sleep peacefully
because you see, there had been people from all around the globe
praying for our situation throughout the day.
Now it was evening for us, but not for those across the world,
 we had prayer warriors who would be holding us up in prayer 
while we slept, because for them, it was daytime.
What an incredible peace that was to my soul!
We had prayer warriors around the clock,
it doesn't get any better than that!
I reassured mom with that very thought,
and she slept like a baby in the arms of a Loving Heavenly Father,
while our many prayer warriors covered her in prayer.
Did our situation change?
No, God took my dad to his heavenly home.
But ~
I know that I changed.
God hears our prayers and answers our prayers
in His time and according to His will.
How we would have loved for God to heal dad,
but that was not His will.


"Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to Me,
and I will listen to you.
And you will seek Me and find Me,
when you search for Me with all your heart."
~ Jeremiah 29:12 & 13 ~
The Lord would restore His people when they turned back to Him
and sought Him with all their hearts.
When we earnestly seek God anywhere and everywhere 
with our whole hearts, He will meet us at every crossroads 
of our lives, and through pain and victory 
with each step we take with Him, we will come to know
our God who hears and answers our prayers
in a very real and personal way.




"If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you,
you will ask what you desire,
and it shall be done for you.
By this My Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit,
so you will be My disciples."
~ John 15: 7 & 8 ~
In our relationship with God, His words abide in us
and our branches abide in Him.
A natural outgrowth of that abiding relationship is prayer.
Chapter 15 goes on to say that Jesus wants 
the Christians joy to be full.




"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer
and supplication, with thanksgiving,
let your requests be made known to God;
and the peace of God, which passes all understanding,
will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus."
~ Philippians 4: 6 & 7 ~
When we take our anxieties to God in prayer,
we discover the peace of God.
We are also promised something better: the God of peace Himself,
His protection, presence, comfort, and encouragement.
God seeks our prayers.




"Now may the God of peace who brought up our Lord Jesus
from the dead, that great Shepherd of the sheep,
through the blood of the everlasting covenant, 
make you complete in every good work to do His will,
working in you what is well pleasing in His sight,
through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory forever and ever."
Amen.

To God be the Glory!
Debbie


My photos were the last days of our spectacular colors
before the blanket of snow covered their glory

29 comments:

Natalia said...

So true! Amen!

Sandi said...

This was so good to read this morning, Debbie. Like a mini Bible class! Refreshing and encouraging.

Elizabethd said...

What a lovely comforting post, Debbie. Thank you.

Debbie Nolan said...

Dearest Debbie - such wise counsel and wonderful sharing. Only someone who knows the true heart of the Lord realizes that even when prayers are not answered as we desire - He the great Shepherd knows and wants our best. It is in maturity that we seek His will and not ours. God bless you for writing such an uplifting post. Have a blessed week. Hugs!

Evelyn Bray said...

Beautiful words Debbie! What my heart needed to hear!

Creations By Cindy said...

Oh I just love this post Debbie. Oh does HE ever hear our prayers. Praying is such a special gift that He gives us to us isn't it? The many times that other's have held me up in prayer when I couldn't pray any long is too numerous to count. How I praise Him for those faithful to pray. Beautiful pictures! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Debby Ray said...

I truly don't know what unbelievers do when faced by trials and burdens. When I think back on all the many things we have faced in our family through the years, our trials with Aaron and then more recently, this past year with all of these medical issues....ONLY GOD and the prayers of HIS people have made it possible to have that wonderful PEACE that passes ALL understanding...even in the midst of the problem. Thank you, Lord! And thank you, dear Debbie for this beautiful post.

Betty said...

Yes, Amen. You are so right and I love the post. Thank you.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Peace,comfort and a deep joy, fill my heart as I read this post. God alone knows how much I needed just these words.Thank-you my dear friend.

NanaNor's said...

Dear Debbie, powerful post as always and love your “pre-snow” pics. We hardly got any snow yesterday, just a dusting and the way I like it. There was more today and we are supposed to get a lot tomorrow into Wednesday. Stay warm and safe.
Blessings,
Noreen

happyone said...

A wonderful post and so very comforting to know that God does hear our prayers. Not that He answers them like we always would want him to. There have been times when I'm glad I didn't get what I asked for. God knows best!!

I know what you mean about reading the Bible and even though you've read that part of it before, something just pops out at you. I believe that is God talking to us.

Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

Timely reminders and encouragement Debbie! Thank you!

Patti said...

Yes, God always answers our prayers. Sometimes, his answer is "no." That is rarely easy to accept, but I believe how we respond to God's "no's" is the real measure of our faith.

ashok said...

Beautiful words! Thank you

hobbyloes said...

Sometimes you are stopped at a certain word, God shows you that.
Prayer is so powerful, especially through many prayers around the world. We feel that.
Many blessings dear Debbie!

Regina said...

What a beautiful post Debbie! I find that every time I read a familiar passage from the Bible, discover something new. My ladies small grou at church is studying the Lord's Prayer and I'm discovering so much about this wonderful prayer I never noticed before.

Marilyn @ MountainTopSpice said...

Isn't it remarkable how familiar passages are rejuvenated through the Spirit as He reveals a truth our hearts need to hear! I just love how the Word is indeed alive and able to speak directly to each one of our hearts just what we need to hear! Our ladies weekly prayer meeting is each Tuesday morning, and I just shared this morning from Psalms 119 about David's struggle with wanting to do what was right, saying he was going to do it, and then crying out asking for the Lord to help him. Then he says "Thy word have I hid in my heart that I might not sin against thee." There is such a secret there... hiding the Word in our heart so that Word will teach us how to act and respond in the moments of our trials and testings. Our Lord is so faithful! I enjoyed your words so much, and too, I remember praying for your father during that difficult time. It is comforting to know that prayer is what sustains us in our hour of difficulty. Snow has covered our world here too... but the sights of fall in your world were glorious! Blessings and hugs to you sweet friend!

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

I always learn something from your wisdom, Debbie, as I just did through this post on God hearing our prayers. I have faithfully been praying for my family’s situation and know that it is in God’s hands and His will. Suffering is something that we all must go through, but it’s how we deal with it, is our test. Thank you for sharing the passages that speak to you, and your pictures that accompany them. Love and God bless you.

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

I have experienced the power of prayer in my life so many times and one of those was when my Dad was so seriously ill. My Mom had just died and it looked as though he was going to die as well. God had other plans and we will celebrate his 90th birthday next week. Amazing! Blessings abundant Debbie!!!

Margie said...

This post is just what I needed to see during this stressful week as we work towards a big deadline at the office!

Cheryl said...

This was so encouraging to me, as I feel so in need of God for an assignment this coming weekend. What a comfort to know that the God of Heaven condescends and listens to the cries of His children! I don't know how people go through life without leaning on Him and His promises. Your photos were so beautiful. It is hard to believe you are already having snow! Many blessings to you, my friend.

Roosterhead Designs said...

Oh Debbie this was so inspirational; thank you very much~ <3
I enjoyed your beautiful pics of CO!
I found myself smiling along with your words! and of course enjoying the scriptures you'd chosen. I too have thought about how the distance and 'time of day' help to send prayers up 'continually' - and I sometimes thing about that in the morning time when I'm praying in my devotions. Thinking that there are people all over the world slowly waking (or heading to bed) and words of praise are going up to God continually! His people are 'continually' worshiping and praising Him~
Loving hugs to you friend~ karen o

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Oh, yes, God hears our prayers and He answers them. Not always the way we hope for...but always in ways that are for the best for us in the long run..the bigger picture that we cannot see from earth's shadows. That is where faith comes in...trusting that God knows exactly what is best for us and He will never forsake us no matter what. Thank you for sharing this with us today. Praying for you as you settle in for the winter. Your photos are lovely. Stay warm and cozy and safe and healthy! We are still waiting for some cooler weather here in Florida. I know it is coming sometime...but it's taking it's time for sure! Blessings to you and yours.God is good, all the time. God is good.

Sue said...

I was so intrigued with the thoughts you were sharing, Debbie,I had to scroll back up to look at the beautiful photos, ~smile~
What powerful truths you have shared, dear lady, some of the verses I have committed to memory and quote them so very often.

Yes! God hears our prayers, and yes, His Word is alive, and like you when I am reading, sometimes a verse that I have read many times just resonates with me, usually I try and memorize it, because it was for me at that time.
Thank you so much for your faithfulness in presenting God's Word, and your thoughts, I always leave so uplifted and inspired.
Blessings,
Sue

Donna Ellis said...

Wow, Debbie! What amazing colors in your incredible photos! No one does it like Nature. I especially love the way you have captured the sun on the shedding Thistles (I think they are seeding thistles?) Beautifully post! hugs, de

Debbie said...

Getting in the Presence of the Father brings that Peace that we need to walk through the trials of this life. Trusting that He is in control, and knowing that whatever happens, we are assured that His Glory will abound. Love your post, and your photos, Debbie.
xo

Carla from The River said...

Thank you for sharing Debbie, I appreciated the honesty in sharing about your dad. How God did not heal your dad, but how you changed. Those words spoke to me. Thank you for sharing. Love, Carla

Great-Granny Grandma said...

This post was so inspiring and encouraging, and the pictures are lovely too. Thanks for sharing.

Lowcarb team member said...

Thank you for sharing this wonderful post.
Your photographs were a joy and it was quite inspiring to read your words.
Blessings.

All the best Jan

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...