Monday, March 18, 2019

Go West Young Man ~

Like the Pioneers, I decided to head west 
for a little warmer weather where I knew there would be 
less snow, new baby calves streams that have melted and rivers with little ice.
I can go 30 miles west from our snowed in home
and find the weather to be extremely warmer, it's crazy! 
Right now, our home at 8,000 feet is nearly buried in snow,
while it is beautiful in deed, outside enjoyment is limited.


I've been taking Donatella to the walking/bike paths in our area
where we are able to walk at a faster pace and get some proper exercise.
While we have been walking on the road near home
it's just not the same with the snow and ice,
I need to be careful of falling with my new knee.
She and I both need to shed some winter pounds!
Donatella has to visit the veterinarian every 6 weeks
for an on going issue she has and she is up in weight a few ounces
with every visit, not good!
Of course the veterinarian reassures me that it's okay 
during the winter months.
Well...when I see my Doctor this week for my yearly check-up
I will be sure and tell him that my extra weight is okay,
after all, it's the winter.😉
The two of us have enjoyed our extra long walks
on dry ground right beside the river.
We are blessed with wonderful walking paths throughout this valley.
Just the other day, I decided to take a drive after our walk,
the sun was shining and we had clear Colorado blue skies,
so off we headed towards the west, off the beaten path
enjoying every bit of God's created beauty.


The river sounded glorious as it rolled over the rocks.
The bridge is an old railroad bridge that is no longer in use.


The deer were out being lazy and enjoying new growth under the trees.
They really blend with nature around them, don't they?


You could see some cow elk grazing on the hay
 that a rancher had put out for his horses.
Everyone gets along.


To my surprise, there was a ranch with a number of bison.
I had no idea this particular area where I took a drive had bison.
Donatella was quite intrigued with them as well.


Look at the size of this nest! 
Of course nothing was making it their home as of yet,
but soon enough.


As I continued along with my pleasant drive 
the dry road became narrower and muddy.
Mmmm... should I continue on?
Having never been on this road I wasn't quite sure what might be ahead.
What to do?
Then strangely enough I came across this snowman
standing on the side of the road. 
Why would someone build a snowman there?
He was out in the middle of nowhere as if he was trying to tell me something.
Was he telling me to turn back?
Was he telling me up ahead was safe for travel?
I chose to drive on and see just what the end of this road had to offer.
Well, not much further I came to a small parking area which indicated I was at the end of the road, I was able to turn around and safely head for home.
Did you notice this snowman had an extra roll?
I think he should join Donatella and I on our daily walks.

⊙ ~ ⊙ ~ ⊙ ~ ⊙ ~ ⊙

Awe...there's nothing like a warm sunny day and a drive in the country.
With my instrumental music playing softly in the background 
and the windows open allowing the fresh air
to wrap itself around us, my mind found itself in thinking mode
as I turned my thoughts towards God.
All that I had seen belongs God, He owns it all.
"For every beast of the forest is mine 
and the cattle upon a thousand hills. 
I know all the fowls of the mountains:
and the wild beasts of the field are mine."
~ Psalm 50:10&11 ~

Always Choose Joy!
Debbie


31 comments:

Elizabethd said...

Lovely glimpses of your scenery, Debbie. How odd that your weather changes in such a short distance!
Maybe the snowman has been eating well for the Winter!

Sandi said...

I like how your photos seem to be gradually giving way to Spring. :)

Does the snow around a house like that help to insulate it? Seems igloo-like.

NanaDiana said...

What a wonderful trip, Debbie. I hear you about the winter pounds. I think it is a malady many of us experience.
GREAT photos!!!Love the snowman in the middle of nowhere and glad you were on a road with a safe turnaround.
Have a great week. xo xo xo

Mrs.T said...

Beautiful photos, Debbie! Spring seems a long way off while we are still surrounded by snow here in New Hampshire, but it will come.

I've tried to walk several days weekly even right through the coldest winter weather in order to keep winter pounds somewhat at bay. I think it has helped somewhat.

Debbie Harris said...

Actually it does help to insulate Sandi. :-)

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

What a lovely outing!!! Thanks for sharing.

Have a wonderful 'spring' week ~ FlowerLady

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

Thank you for sharing the beautiful nature that surrounds you, Debbie. I loved seeing the snow, the animals, the nest, and the snowman with the extra roll! It's so nice to take delight in God's beauty through your eyes. I hope you have a beautiful week, my friend. Love and hugs are sent....

Creations By Cindy said...

Debbie, I love your pictures. Just breathtaking. I am sure for you many of those snaps became a Wonderstruck moment. God's creations is beautiful isn't it. Oh girl....that snowman is the cutest. I had to chuckle. I think he ate some extra pie over the winter months. I hope your week is simply all that you dream of. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Anne Payne said...

I love your sense of adventure and humor!!! The country is absolutely gorgeous but that is a LOT of snow!!! Good grief! I don't think I've ever seen that much. Spring is coming though. I hear the birds outside now. :-)

Have a blessed week!

hobbyloes said...

The nature is beautiful, especially in the snow, we never have that much snow here!
Wonderful that you had such a nice trip with Donatella.
Be careful with your knee and please do not fall.
Many blessings!!!

Marilyn Mathis said...

What lovely pictures. Living in Florida, I love to see the pictures of the beautiful snow, but prefer to see it that way. I would enjoy sitting around a fireplace and looking out the window at it, but that is the closest I want to get to it. Happy that you are doing so well. Hugs

Chris Lally said...

Thank you for sharing your adventure, Debbie. So glad you had your camera with you! The photos speak volumes. You live in such a beautiful part of the country.
Spring is coming...
Hug!

Debbie Nolan said...

Ah Debbie - your photos are just gorgeous. I had never seen cow elk before. They look very sweet. Of course we have lots of deer here...wonderful picture of them. So glad to read that you are out walking in spite of the snow. You are certainly buried deep. Take care and be safe friend...keep looking I am sure spring is on its way. Hugs!

Rose L said...

Good and uplifting to be adventurous at times! I enjoy the photographs!

Anonymous said...

Colorado is known for the beautiful snow filled areas. And your home just looks so cozy 💙

Marilyn @ MountainTopSpice said...

Oh my goodness Debbie, you and I in the same car would be a pair! I'm always game to continue on too... I just have to know what lies around the bend! My husband and I enjoy taking the roads less travelled, and we have certainly come across some interesting things, and experiences because of it! I love the snowman you discovered though, and I'll agree, it looks like he could drop a pound or two, when spring comes sure enough he will! Winter is hard, it does seem like the pounds have a way of slipping up on you. I'm grateful for the longer days now, as we can walk both morning and evning, that really helps! I enjoyed your beautiful drive, and all the gorgeous wildlife you got to see, so exciting isn't it, to see the Lord's creation! So amazing. We are blessed to live in an area with abundance of beauty from the Lord to see. I see your house is still covered in snow. Our snow has started to melt here, thankfully, but flooding is now a concern... such is spring!

Have a blessed week sweet friend!

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Sounds like quite a lovely ride...and so many beautiful faces of the wildlife along the way. Amazing to see them in broad daylight! Glad you were able to make it all the way there and back home again safely. It is hard for me to imagine that you still have so much snow around you. I have forgotten what it is like to be "snowbound" all winter...So glad you are able to get out and enjoy it!! Thank you for sharing the beauty with us.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Somehow, I feel refreshed just by reading about your travels. You found some lovely sights to capture. Have a beautiful week.

Alessandra said...

That's a lot of snow! Fairy pictures and peaceful place. Thanks for sharing with us the beauty of the nature
Hugs

Carla from The River said...

We enjoy to take drives as well. It is fun to look at the country side. We recently took a drive with our son after a snow storm. It was just beautiful!
I had to chuckle about the snowman, cute idea. :-)
Enjoy your week,
Carla

Roosterhead Designs said...

Oh my what a beautiful post Debbie! Loved every photo you shared and your adventurous spirit as well : ) Thanks for the Psalm~ Hugs to you, karen o

M.K. said...

What a nice drive! Glad you found some warmer weather to enjoy. Spring is coming, but you folks out west certainly have had a rough time of it lately.

Debby Ray said...

Hello dear Debbie! Your little excursion to the west sounded just heavenly! And I couldn't believe that picture of your house...oh my word! Spring is springing up all around here and I am ever so ready for it! I always love the change of seasons! The snow man cracked me up...lol! Have a blessed week, my friend! HUGS!

Joyful said...

It is amazing how the weather can be so very different within a short distance from where you are. I'm so glad you found a good place to go for a walk with Donatella. Not only that but you've managed to share some spectacular photos of your world. Hugs and blessings. xx

Kerin said...

I'm so happy that you have a place not too far away, where you can walk safely and enjoy the outdoors.
Cute snowman! Someone has a quirky sense of humor :)

We are SO ready for sunshine, blue skies and warm days!
We miss being outdoors and active; that is our primary motivation for moving to a new city with more moderate winters :)

Have a happy day!
~K.

shayndel said...

Precious photos and story! especiailly I love the ones of the deer!! Beautiful Psalm! Glory to God!
So sweet how you the snowman and everything seemed there for you as part of the adventure! Your Donatella seems so sweet as you go on your walks together!
Blessings and much joy to you all♡

Zaa said...

Thank you for sharing the countryside ...I do love seeing the animals... We have deer meandering through our forest and see them daily out of our dining room windows... They're so beautiful... Goodness.. you do have a lot of snow too...It's been a long winter...Isn't nice to have Donatella to share the walks with ... Thanks for the lovely Psalm....HUGS

A Joyful Chaos said...

Gorgeous photos! It would be interesting to know the story behind the snowman. I'd like to think someone did it in hopes of bringing a smile to anyone who sees it.

Blessings~

Debbie said...

I enjoyed your post, Debbie. How nice that you have a place to walk that is safe, and so full of wonderful sites to behold. The snowman was a fun surprise. Appreciating that everything is from God, and belongs to Him brings such comfort...doesn't it?
Happy weekend to you, Debbie
xo

Stephanie said...

Hahaha...I couldn't help but laugh at the snowman and his "extra roll." Your and Donatella look lovely just the way you are :)

Your post was a beautiful surprise this evening {forgive me for being so late to visit}. Your pictures are stunning and I can tell you are enjoying your new camera. The animals are so clear and their faces are just precious.

WOW! I can't believe how much snow you and dad have! I feel bad saying this, but.....I'm glad it's you and not me surrounded by that snow. This snow girl has gone soft and I confess that I would rather have warmer days with less snow. I hope yours melts quickly.

Thanks for the sweet pictures and cute words. Have a good night! Love you!

Conniecrafter said...

You are so blessed to live in such a beautiful area, although I am happy to say that we have no snow anymore and I am ok with that, i don't mind a little snow but I am always happy to get on with spring :) Do take care, you can fall so easily. I enjoyed seeing your wildlife and river, that nest is just amazing, would love to see what made it :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...