Monday, January 21, 2019

Lesson on my Daily Walk~


 I love taking walks and many times it will be then that God shows 
me something in my life where I need to learn a lesson.
I'm a thinker ~ My mind has a way of going places,
good places of course, with God as my focus.
He walks with me and He talks with me,
something I look forward to on a daily basis.
Not that He doesn't talk with me otherwise, its just that my walks
are a special God and I time alone, well, of course Donatella too.
I couldn't be more thankful for the beauty that surrounds our home
making my walks all the more enjoyable.
The snow surrounding the creek is like soft marshmallow 
or fluffy white pillows, just gorgeous!
When the earth is blanketed with snow there is a beautiful quietness,
a hush in the air as even the winter birds sing softly and sweetly. 
The ice crystals on the branches of the growth near the creek
are reminders that Jack frost is still in the air. 


After I rescued Donatella her and I took a private obedience training course
together and I must say, I learned a lot about a dog's behavior.
We do not know the story of Donatella's previous owners or her life,
 our trainer said "maybe it's better that we don't."
Donatella was running from something when I found her
and it took a good year for her to stop running.
She is now at peace in our home and happy with her surroundings
and the love that she gets from other family members.
She is a real JOY in my life! 
I believe God knew that she would find a special place in my heart
and that she has!


With Donatella being a Beagle, she is happiest sniffing rather than walking,
but her tummy needs more than what her nose can give her.
I have always leashed Donatella as my bad knees could never reach her
should she decide to run and take off, which she did once
and thankfully a lady walking on our road was able to get to her.
I was in tears ~ I thought for sure I had lost my new best friend.
While I was out on one of our latest walks the Lord began to show me something
through Donatella's leash.
In the winter month's there is a shortage for Donatella to sniff
due to all the snow we have where we live ~
high in the Colorado Rocky Mountains.
I have always walked on a certain side of our quiet dirt road
and it's been that way since Donatella made her way into my life.
But...lately She has decided that she is going to fight me and walk on the 
opposite side of the road thinking there is more over there to sniff!
WRONG!!
As we walk I am constantly tugging at her leash and telling her
"no, this side please."
Oh she obediently listens and responds to my command,
but it's a constant tugging and commanding.


As I gently tugged at Donatella's leash and commanded her to return to my side,
the Holy Spirit was tugging at my own heart.
I could hear those gentle words going through my mind ~
How many times does the Lord gently remind you, Debbie, to obey His commands?
A lot!
There are things in my life where just one tug doesn't quite do it.
But God, in His love and concern for my life continues to work
ever so gently, molding and making me into the lovely vessel 
He has chosen for me to be.
I am reminded of  1Peter 1: 13-16  ~ living before God, our Holy and Righteous God. 
"Therefore gird up the loins of your mind,
be sober, and rest your hope fully upon grace that is to be
brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ;
as obedient children, not conforming yourselves to the former lusts 
as in your ignorance; but as He who called you is Holy, 
you also be holy in all your conduct, because it is written, 
"Be ye holy for I am holy."
The desire of my heart is to obey my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, 
in every area of my life with one tug to my heart, not many. 
Teach me Lord, and make me more like You.

"That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, 
being fruitful in every good work
and increasing in the knowledge of God. 
Strengthened with all might, according to his glorious power, 
into all patience and longsuffering with joyfulness."
 ~ Colossians 1:10&11 ~

Take Joy!
Debbie

35 comments:

Sandi said...

This was wonderful to read, Debbie!

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

I know you LOVE your rescued Donatella, Debbie, and I knowshe loves you right back. How could she not??!! Donatella's obedience and yours to Jesus, is a beautiful correlation. We all get tugs at our heart, and with Jesus' command, may we listen. Thank you, my friend, for sharing your wisdom. Love and hugs!

Mrs.T said...

What an encouraging, challenging lesson from your daily walk, Debbie! Thanks for sharing your insight with us. It is so very true!

Brenda said...

Hi Debbie,
how lovely to know that you have a rescue dog. We have a rescue cat, and have always had rescue cats - one of whom lived for over twenty years. She was a brindle, and apparently the female brindle is the longest living cat. The rescue story reminds me of how Jesus was brought to earth to be sacrificed so that we could be rescued from a life that was being lived without God.
Lovely to read your post Debbie.
God bless

Regina said...

Thank you Debbie. I really needed this today. I struggle with issues where God is telling me to go one way but I go the opposite. I find myself fighting Him every inch of the way.
Our cat Kirstie is a rescue cat too. We got her and her twin sister Dodie when they were about eight or nine weeks old. I firmly believe that God chose us for them as Dodie died a seven months later of a fatal disease.
I'm sure Donattelo was chosen for you. He's such a cutie too!

shayndel said...

Beautiful post and breath of fresh air as you take us on your walk with you--and Donattelo! and share the lessons that the Holy Spirit showed you!! Much Joy to you in your walk with Jesus in each precious moment and day!! Blessings!!

Stephanie said...

Well, aren't you two just the cutest in your matching pink :) Donatella is indeed very happy and content with you and dad, and I'm so glad the Lord brought her into your life because I know you love her so. This was a wonderful post with an excellent message...thank you for being the Lord's instrument and sharing such sweet lessons with us.

I was going to call you this morning and wish you a Happy Spiritual Birthday {[smiles}} I will still try and call sometime later. I hope your day is truly amazing...just like you. Love you lots!

Creations By Cindy said...

Awe, your pictures are beautiful! WOW at that snow. And oh your sweet dog is too precious. I have two grandpups. Ginger and Bo. I keep going back to Be still and know that I am God. He so desires that we just simply listen to Him....but then obey. Loved this today dear lady. You are beautiful. Inside and out. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Roosterhead Designs said...

Lovely photo's and a beautiful lesson you have shared Debbie!
Thank you for taking time with us~ Have a blessed week ahead~
Hugs, karen o

Zaa said...

This is such a beautiful posting...Donatella is a gift and so are you... to one another... Beagles have a great curiosity and often run away ...It’s part of their nature so it is best to keep her on a leash ...I’m sure that your loving companionship will continue to will lead you into many rewarding experiences.... The pictures of your daily walks are beautiful, thus enriching both your lives and evolving as God has planned..for you to be together in his love... May God Bless !!!

Pom Pom said...

He's so patient with us, our Good Shepherd.
He gently guides us back within earshot, doesn't He?
Brrrrrr. I bet it's cold up there, Debbie. It's time for MY walk now. Take care and God bless you, friend.

NanaNor's said...

Dearest Debbie, I always love your posts-they are so encouraging and filled with His truth and grace.
Donatella is such a sweetie-so glad the Lord brought her to you. I always forget you are so much higher than we are. At 4800' we haven't had much snow this year; we need moisture desperately(as we all do spiritually),
but this year has been colder than most. Last Monday we were in Steamboat for a day/night and there was lots of snow; thankfully we got home before it started snowing. I'm not much for traveling in the snow.
I love your sharing how you walk and talk with our Lord; when I go to the gym, I often pray for those who have needs. I too love walking, as does Hunter.Sending lots of love, hugs and prayers your way today.
Blessings.
Noreen

Rose L said...

Sometimes we need to let others take the lead and show us things through their eyes. That is how God can reach us.

Debbie said...

What a great lesson, Debbie! Isn't it amazing how the Holy Spirit can use something like a leash to reach out, and speak to our hearts? How wonderful that you listen, and then share with us what the Lord has to offer...
Sisters In Christ.
Debbie
xo

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Lovely photos dear Debbie and what wonderful words of encouragement for each of us. Thank you for sharing what God showed you on one of your walks.

Have a great week ~ FlowerLady

Carla from The River said...

Hello,
Thank you for sharing. I also walk daily. I need to do it, to be out in nature and time to hear God speak to me. That is when I seem to listen the best and He knows this. :-) Or when I work in the garden.
Your post is a lovely devotional, thank you.
Carla

P.S
Donatella is a sweetheart. What a cute outfit she has. xx oo

Anne Payne said...

Yes! We all need that gentle 'tug' once in a while. Thank you for sharing how the Lord is growing you in your faith and obedience to Him.

Your winter wonderland is beautiful! But not as lovely as you and Donatella. :-) Much love, my friend!!

Debbie Nolan said...

Debbie loved seeing your sweet Donatella. What a lovely example too. Have never figured out why we want to lead instead of follow...His way is always best if we just will let him show us the way. So glad you shared your wonderful thoughts. When I am out walking I will be thinking of you doing the same. Hugs!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Thank-you for sharing your thoughts. I know that I often tend to go my own direction, but God lovingly draws me back to His side. I so want to be the woman that God wants me to be, however that may look.

hobbyloes said...

What a nice comparison of pulling Donatella's belt with drawing the Holy Spirit to you.
Blessings.

Alessandra said...

This is a great lesson, thanks for sharing with us. The snow is fairy
Hugs

Anonymous said...

So enjoyed this post dear friend... :) loved seeing all that lovely snow ;D

living from glory to glory said...

What a great spiritual picture! Even in the small everyday routine's He will teach us. May we be quick to respond and okay. xo

ShazInOzCardsCalligraphy said...

Yes we do need to watch our walk that it’s in tune with the Sprits direction l thanks Debbie for the eblsssing of this post.
Hugs Shaz in Oz.x

{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}
{Wonderful Words Of Life - Shaz in Oz}

Vintage Girl 901 said...

Your posts are always beautiful and thought-provoking. I love the way the Holy Spirits draws us to Himself when we've wandered a little to far. Oh, how I love HIM!

Conniecrafter said...

Oh your sweet pup is too cute, isn't it wonderful how God can talk to us through the people and furbabies in our life. May we always listen to what he is telling us. You live in such a beautiful area!

Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

You are so good at LISTENING to God speak! What a beautiful and TRUE picture of us shown to you through sweet Donatella! Side note: Aren't dogs just the BEST companions?? Yes, our sweet Lord does a lot of 'tugging' and I'm so grateful he never yanks too hard like I do sometimes with Hudson lol. He's so patient and loving and only wants our best!

Debby Ray said...

Oh your winter walk looks so inviting! I, too, love to walk and have a great time with the Lord...He speaks through so many things in so many ways! Donatella sounds a lot like my Oscar...nose to the ground and wanting me to go wherever HE wants to go...those hound dogs and their noses, right? I love how you compared this to the leading of the Holy Spirit. Like you (but I bet even more so), I don't always follow His lead at first. Thank goodness we have a Savior that is patient and kind with us! What a beautiful post this is, dear Debbie!♥♥♥

Linda Walker said...

Debbie,
What a beautiful, inspiring post! And look at you and your sweet pup! You have been wonderfully blessed in so many ways!!! I think I need some nature time too! Following your lead Debbie!!!....Take care! Love and hugs, Linda

Jean | DelightfulRepast.com said...

Debbie, somehow I missed that you had rescued a beagle! Donatella is a beauty with a name to match. I'm so glad she found her way to you; chances are, you really are better off not knowing her history.

Angela said...

I'm looking forward to Spring, but the winter snow has been quite beautiful. I enjoyed seeing your winter pictures!

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Oh my, I am a bit late for this "party", but so glad I finally got here. I enjoyed walking and visiting with you here today, and especially loved learning about your sweet little Donatella. I love beagles, having had them as a child, but we don't currently have any pets. I do know how beagles love to "hunt", and their noses are always on the ground tracking something. Yes, I love the lesson the Lord is teaching you through Donatella, and I also love that you have shared it with us. We are all a bit like Donatella, (well, maybe more than just a "bit") So thankful that God doesn't ever let go of us. He may allow us to explore a while, but He's always there pulling us back into the safety of His loving arms. We are blessed to be His children, just as Donatella is now blessed to be your "child". Thank you for sharing with us today. Enjoy your beautiful winter weather.

Kerin said...

Sweet post, and a great reminder that our Heavenly Father loves us and wants the best for us.
It's a good thing that He knows me and is patient with me!!

There is certainly beauty in this season. The snow does look like marshmallow fluff.
I am longing for warmer weather and porch sittin'!

Smiles :)
~K.

Mrs. Laura Lane said...

Beautiful analogy my friend.

R's Rue said...

Love.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...