Monday, July 24, 2017

Day Away ♡ Up Date on Mom



 Today is the day which the Lord has made,
I will rejoice and be glad in it!
I took yesterday and rested knowing that mom was doing the same.
My husband and I took the four-wheeler out for a lovely ride and
it felt good to be out in the open air soaking in God's beauty
as we headed up the mountain forgetting about the cares
that remained back home. 
I'm sharing with you some of the beauty we enjoyed, but
of course photos with a cell phone do not do justice of this beauty
so hopefully you can picture the beauty with what I've given you. 
We were up 9,000 feet looking down on the valley.



I've been waiting for the best time to share an up date with you on mom,
but it seems like every time mom makes a little progress
we come across another hurdle to leap over.
The plan is for mom to have the "clip procedure" where they will
go in intravenously and repair her leaky valve as
open heart surgery is not an option for mom and may never be. 
There has been one hurdle after another that prevents the doctors
from moving forward.
Mom is now in A-Fib which is not surprising
 since the bottom of her heart has been damaged and cannot be repaired,
therefore the top and bottom of the heart are not coordinating.
I stand amazed at the power of medications
and all that they are able do...but mom is tired.
The clip procedure was scheduled for last Thursday, 
but at the last minute God intervened and it was cancelled. 
It would be easy to wonder why and walk away discouraged,
but from the onset of mom's illness I have trusted in God and purposed
 that I will rest in that trust and claim the peace which God offers,
knowing and believing that God's ways are absolutely perfect
no matter what the outcome may be.
We were told last Thursday that the procedure would take place today, 
but now due to some other issues it may or may not happen this week. 
Mom is still in ICU with a team of amazing doctors and nurses 
who are doing an awesome job looking after her,
while we, as her family, continue to live out our days moment by moment
grateful for the goodness and grace of God.
You my dear friends, have come along side of our family with your
many prayers, love and concern, and we wish to thank you
from the sincerity of our hearts.
We know that we are not alone, for God has graciously showered us with
His grace and mercy time and time again.


On one of the days as I sat at mom's bedside I read from her book
" Jesus Today" and on one particular day when I opened it up
this message was waiting for the both of us.
Our hearts were greatly encouraged by our loving God,
and my prayer is that you too, will find encouragement in these words.
♡♡♡
I am taking care of you. I know how hard this is to believe
when conditions that are troubling you get worse instead of better. 
It's easy to feel as if I'm letting you down ~ as if I really don't care
about change in your circumstances,  and you can't understand
why I seem to be so unresponsive to your issues. 
But I repeat: I am taking care of you. 
To become aware of my living presence, you need to relax
and stop trying to control things. 
Give up your futile efforts to think your way through your problems. 
Fall back into my strong loving arms and rest with a sigh of trust.
Cease striving and simply enjoy being in My presence. 
Though there are many things you don't understand, 
you can rest in My unfailing love. 
This love is independent of all circumstances, 
and it will never be taken away from you. 
Although My ways may be mysterious, My love is perfect and everlasting. 
Watch in hope for Me, remembering that I am God  your Savior. 
Jesus Today
By
Sarah Young
Jeremiah 17:7-8


Do not look to your how, 
but in Christ, the source of your how
~ Charles Spurgeon ~

Rejoice in God!
~Debbie~

22 comments:

Vicky Hunt said...

Good morning my friend...:) SO nice to hear from you and hear an update on your precious mom. I am so sorry to hear that she has not been able to have her much needed surgery but it sounds as though she is handling it well. There is a reason for everything isn't there? We just don't always understand until later on. I will keep her and your family in my prayers. Stay strong in the Lord! And...by the way, your photos are glorious! How fun for you and the hubby to have a little getaway for the day and such a perfect setting. I can't imagine living so close to such beauty. Have a blessed day!

Hugs,
Vicky

Leslie said...

Your family is in my prayers and you are an encouragement even in this difficult season that your facing.
The word says many are the afflictions of the righteous But He shall deliver us from them all!
You have an arsenal of prayer warriors who are believing for your Mom's healing.
Take rest in that!
Read Psalms 91 to her and let her know your blog sister's in Christ are standing the gap for her in prayer too!
In Christ,
Leslie

Elizabethd said...

Even with a phoe your photos are lovely and show so much of your beautiful region.

Rose L said...

When I am out in nature I feel the hug and love of God.

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

I'm so glad that you and your hubby could get away for a bit and enjoy the beauty of God's creations. Thank you for the update on your Mom, Debbie, and for the the passage from the book that you shared. It was especially meaningful for me and this particular time, too. Prayers will continue for you and your Mom. Blessings, Kitty

Debby Ray said...

Hello precious friend. What beautiful photos you have shared here of the wondrous intricacy of our Creator. I am so glad you were able to go out and spend some time away from your dear mom's bedside, if only for a short time. God has her in the palm of His hand and I am continuing to lift you all up in prayer. Sending my love and prayers! ♥♥♥

Sylvia said...

A sweet post, Debbie, and I pray your mother is better each day. God is with us even when we don't understand. I have to remind myself also that I must Trust in Him and lean not on my understanding and in all my ways know that He is there to direct my path. Know your mother and you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Hugs, Sylvia

Anonymous said...

He is in complete control!
How wonderful that you were able to have some time away from the hospital and be in the mountains seeing God's beauty.
It reminds me of what our Lord Jesus shared of how our Father knows everything ... every sparrow that falls and how He provides. He knows what is happening and that is just the greatest blessing to all of us that love Him.

My prayers are with you dear lady .... He is there and is guiding every moment!

mari

Sandra said...

Still praying. You're in my thoughts, Debbie. 💜

Carol said...

Prayers for your family at this time. God knows when it is best that Mom has the procedure and we must trust Him and wait for Him.

Regina said...

I'm still praying for your mom. I don't know if Stephanie told you but I offered to bring dinner or have you over for dinner because I thought you were here in AZ. LOL
Silly me but if you are ever here, like I told Stephanie,let me know.

Joyful said...

I've recently walked the road you are on and it makes such a difference to know that God knows best at each and every turn. It is important for you to look after yourself to the extent it is possible so it was great that you were able to get out into the beautiful outdoors. Hugs and blessings. xx

Deborah Montgomery said...

What a beautiful place you live in, and what a delight to get a day to just go enjoy the beauty around you. Praying for you and your mom. Such a blessing that you both love the Lord and can pray together. That passage is a reminder we all need to rest and trust. Thanks for the update, Debbie. xo Deborah

Marilyn Mathis said...

Just want you to know that I care about your difficulties at this time, but God cares even more and is working all things to your good. The gorgeous pictures bring peace and may your time in God's beauty bring rest to you at this time. Hugs.

Ginny said...

Oh Debbie, I have not been online in a while. I sent you an email not knowing what you were going through with your mother! I am so sorry that I have not kept up! Please be assured of my prayers. Ginny

Marilyn @ MountainTopSpice said...

What a beautiful day for you and your husband to have! I understand the need to just "get away", and immerse myself in the creation of the Lord around me, it balances and focuses my heart back on the Lord, in the midst of the chaos of life! Oh your poor dear mother! So hard to be in the hospital and facing such dire issues with her heart. So thankful we have the Great Physician to run to and lean on and trust throughout it all! So wonderful that your hearts were encouraged through reading a devotional. The Lord speaks to our hearts in so many ways.

I really loved all the pictures you shared, and felt the joy in your heart at just being able to be out and enjoying the handiwork of the Lord, and knowing that the ONE who creates such intricate beauty around us, most certainly can handle the intricacies of any of our health needs!

Praying for your mother and for you too Debbie, for often it is very hard on the sidelines, not knowing what to do. You will all continue to be in my prayers! With love and hugs :)

Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

What a good choice and gift to yourself to get out and enjoy creation that way. I love how you said that last week, GOD INTERVENED and the procedure was cancelled. A reminder to me that nothing is random or by chance or luck - I will always remember this statement. Hopefully when things happen or don't go my way, my response will be "God intervened" -- beautiful and profound. Thank you.

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

It is so wonderful how those devotions from Jesus Today are so timely with what we are going through. I read it every night and am always encouraged. It sounds like your Mom is in great hands and I will pray along with you for solutions to her health issues and restoration for her body so you can be with her again. Love and prayers to you!

Pamela M. Steiner said...

So thankful that you know you have The Lord by your side as you go through this difficult time with your Mother. Praying for her and for you, that the Lord will continue to give you both strength, and give wisdom to the doctors and comfort to your mom. So glad you were able to have a day of respite and enjoy some of God's magnificent beauty. That is always a way to rest and recuperate and prepare for the next stage. Continuing in prayer for you all during this time. Thank you for taking the time to bring us up to date.

hobbyloes said...

What a powerful and beautiful nature with you, so very different
from the flat country here.
Still praying for your mum and you Debbie.
Hugs

Sandi said...

"but from the onset of mom's illness I have trusted in God and purposed
that I will rest in that trust and claim the peace which God offers"

There is such wisdom in this!

M.K. said...

Just had to dash away to catch a phone call from my own mother :) Now I can't remember whether I left a comment here or not ... but I'm sorry for the stress of this situation for you, but so pleased at how you are determined to trust the Lord in all things and place your heart and your peace in His loving hands. That is so wise, and so much better for everyone. May He bless your family and hold your mother tenderly.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...