Tuesday, April 28, 2015

"Take - Two"

Hello Dear friends ~ 
This is "Take - Two"
from our anniversary get-away.
Some of you had asked me to share more photo's,
so why not.
I wanted to share with you some unusual captions.
For what ever reason, I was intrigued
with some of what I am going to share.


We saw these dead juniper trees at
Arches National Park.
That was the prominent tree there,
so we saw many dead ones.
They seemed lonely to me :(
as if to be reaching out for something.
Sounds strange I know.
The park would use these dead branches as fencing. 
I thought it was a terrific way to use them up.


Then there was Dead Horse Point,
This was a State Park, and gorgeous!
There is a legend for this point
that I thought was quite interesting.
~
"According to one legend, the point was once used for a corral
for wild mustangs roaming the mesa.
Cowboys rounded up these horses, herded them across
the narrow neck of land and onto the point.
The neck, which is only 30 yards wide,
was then fenced off with branches and brush,
creating a natural corral surrounded by precipitous cliffs.
Cowboys then chose the horses they wanted
and for reasons unknown, left the other horses corralled
on the waterless point where they died of thirst
within view of the Colorado River, 2,000 feet below."
~ Taken from the brochure ~
If this is true, how sad!


Then there was, as I called it, "The Land of Castles."
My husband and I both enjoyed this area
for different reasons.
He loved the way the color of the soil went from
a rust color to a soft white color.
Like the "little girl" in me,
I loved how they reminded me of castles.
These rock formations made me think
of a village with castles of all shapes and sizes
and little pathways connecting the village together.
I could imagine life taking place there
with little people scurrying about dressed in their mid evil cloths. 
But ~ the only life seen were those on the hiking trail. :)


And how about "We Three Kings."
This rock formation made me think of the 
three wise men traveling together so they could
 worship the baby Jesus, our Savior.
Look at them, their all in a row, one following the other.


This rock made me think of how great our God is!
This is a pretty good sized rock
as you can see with the people standing at the base of it.
They look quite small.
In our eyes that rock is huge 
~ yet ~
it is nothing compared to the greatness of our God.
When I saw this rock, Psalm 147:5 came to my mind.
"Great is our Lord, and of great power;
his understanding is infinite." 
How small we really are in this
BIG WIDE WORLD of God's,
and He holds it all in the palm of His hand.

Speaking of greatness, look how steep
those steps were on one of our hiking trails!
Had I been short I would have had to skip the hike. :(
Notice I have my winter jacket on!!
But O boy was it ever fun!


Now for dessert! Oh ~ did  I say dessert?
Doesn't this "Collapsed Dome" look like
mint and chocolate ice cream?
So here was this Collapsed Dome right in the 
center of the Canyon Lands where the soil
was a rich rusty color, yet it stood out from all the rest.
It was different, didn't even go with the rest of the area.
God's handy work!
Only He could create this kind of beauty.

~~~***~~~

"Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard,
that the everlasting God, the Lord, the creator
of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary?
there is no searching of his understanding."
(Isaiah 40:28)

~~~***~~~

Oh Heavenly father, 
Your beauty surrounds us,
and every where we look, we see Your handy work.
May we praise Your Holy Name,
and give you our thanks for it all.
Amen.

Be Blessed
~ Debbie ~

I'm joining Stephanie's party at
Roses of Inspiration 

33 comments:

Sylvia said...

How beautiful is God's creation and how wonderful for us to get to see and enjoy it!Thanks be to God for His love of us! Thank you Debbie, for sharing these photo's for us to enjoy for so many of us,me included, may never get to visit them in person.
Hugs to you my friend,
Sylvia

Debby Ray said...

What truly stunning photos, Debbie...and what a wondrous Creator we have! I also really was taken with the branches on those dead trees...they certainly do seem like they might be tell a sad story of sorts, don't they? The red clay that I see everyday here in NC looks very different from those beautiful formations you have shown. Thanks for sharing "Round Two" with us!

Melanie said...

Beautiful photos, Debbie! Thank you for sharing.

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Debbie, Love your wonderful pics and the comparisons you share. We do have beauty all around us if we just stop and take a look wherever we might be.
Love your climbing pic.
Your music is always such a joy to hear in the background.
Blessings to you, CM

Linda said...

Dear Debbie,

How absolutely gorgeous! I thoroughly enjoyed my time here, as always, with your words, lovely music and beautiful photos. Thank you so much for all you share.

Anne Payne said...

I had a few chuckles reading this post, Debbie! I love your descriptive voice. Gorgeous photos!

Ginny said...

I loved the rock formations! I think they looked like castles too! I especially liked the one that looked like the Three Kings...awesome they are! You must have had a wonderful vacation!

Sherry @ Thrift My House said...

Beautiful photos! I especially like the 3 kings rock formation. Amazing! Looks like a great vacation. I need to go back and see post #1.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

God's creation is awesome, just as He is.

Thanks for sharing ~ FlowerLady

Sola Scriptura said...

What gorgeous pictures! I imagine it was even more beautiful in person. Thank you for sharing these with us.

Marilyn @ MountainTopSpice said...

What beautiful pictures and images you shared along with beautiful thoughts about such a beautiful place!

Christine said...

It must have been truly awesome to stand there and view such marvellous creation! No wonder we are inspired to sing God' s praise! How great Thou art!

Poppy said...

Hi Debbie,

I just noticed that you are sweet Stephanie's mom, when I saw your daughter's pic in your sidebar! How lovely to meet you!

What stunningly spectacular photos of your trip to this massive and magnificent rocky terrain, where so much of the landscape is stony, silent and serene, impressing the human senses. Thank you for the beautiful mosaics and your choices of verse.

Wishing you a lovely Tuesday!

Poppy

Joyful said...

Spectacular photos Debbie. I just love admiring all of God's creation. xx

Robyn said...

I'm so glad you shared more pics, Debbie, and I hope you will do even more. They're truly beautiful and you have found the best way to describe and honour nature.
I have always felt closest to God in nature. Whether on the sea, hiking the mountains or in the desert - His beauty comes forth in the most spectacular ways.
Hope you're having a great week so far, my friend. Thanks for the special treat!

NanaDiana said...

Beautiful, Beautiful photos! Just gorgeous. Those trees really do look lost and lonesome, don't they?

I hope that story about the horses is just that- a story. That would be a horrible death for those poor animals. xo Diana

Anonymous said...

Those knotted trees are so interesting. If they only could talk - what tales they would tell!

Vicky Hunt said...

How lovely! I am so glad you decided to share more photos from your trip. The three kings formation is so neat! I hope you are having a lovely week my friend.

Hugs, Vicky

Kim said...

Oh my what a plethora of gorgeous rock formations. As soon as I saw those three rocks I immediately thought of the three wise man even before I read your description. Such a sad story re the mustangs being corralled until their death. My goodness you must be fit having climbed all those steps. So many, many glorious photos, Debbie.

doodles n daydreams said...

Stunning photos, thanks for sharing more from your break.

Diana

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

There is life in these dead objects...the remnants of life, frozen in the gnarled limbs of a tree, the structures of ancient castle tops for birds, but most of all, the words and images that they evoke, in US.

Beautiful photos, wonderful memories and a great and poetic musing, Debbie!

Anonymous said...

Debbie, I think I fixed the inbox problem. If you receive this in your inbox, could you please let me know? Thank you!

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

What gorgeous pics, Debbie! I especially loved the Three Wise Men formation! It certainly does resemble them and what a treat to see them on your hike. I know you were so happy to enjoy the area with you sweetheart.

J said...

Beautiful! The first photos remind me of the Garden of Gethsemane.

Stephanie said...

Good morning! I'm so glad you shared more photos from your trip - everyone loves pictures :) And your description of the images made me smile...you have such imagination!

The "We Three Kings" rock formation is quite unique. You know, we always say there were three kings that went to worship Jesus, but the Bible never says there were three of them just that there were three gifts and they took them to Jesus when He was about 2-years of age :) Anyway... I am rambling :)

Your post was simply breathtaking and I enjoyed seeing more pictures. It's always a joy to have you at Roses of Inspiration. Love you!

Kim said...

Amazing beauty! God is so unbelievably creative. Everything He makes is perfection! Thank you for taking us with you on your trip, Debbie!

M.K. said...

What an amazing place! Glad you could go.

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

Such beauty, Debbie- thank you so much for sharing it with us! The dead trees really are solemn, but beautiful against the dramatic scenery. Your photos are wonderful and your thoughts are, too. I'm so grateful that God created this lovely world for us to share. Thank you for sharing the beauty. Hugs and blessings xo Karen

Anonymous said...

dropping in for visit from "Thoughts and Images along the way"
I am enjoying your blog tons..
You take breathtaking photo images.

Hugs
I'll be back..

Deborah Montgomery said...

Just beautiful Debbie! I, too, loved the "castles" -- they look like the kind you make at the beach. And yes, I see the three Wise Men! After Scripture, nature is how the Lord speaks to us -- and He speaks volumes here!

Gypsy Heart said...

Beautiful photos! I'm so glad you had a wonderful trip. God's beauty and we're so blessed!

xo
Pat

Ceil said...

HI Debbie! Thank you for the extra photos. That Three Kings rock formation really does look like that. Amazing! There is a place in Arizona called 'Window Rock' and that photo of the big hole in the formation reminded me of that.
You are an intrepid hiker!
Blessings,
Ceil

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Debbie, what a beautiful Part Two to your anniversary trip! The magnificence that God has created continues to amaze and delight me! I can only say that Heaven must be so much more than we cannot grasp the beauty yet to come...no less the Beauty of His Face when we see Him! Hugs, precious friend!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...