Tuesday, August 12, 2014

A Refreshed Soul

This morning I woke up to 6 of my 7 humming bird feeders
lying open~empty~and some broken
on our front and back decks.
The evidence was quite clear as to WHO was responsible!
No, it was not Boo boo or Yogi. :)
Little raccoon paw prints were everywhere
as he/she had tracked sugar water all over the deck.
I would be willing to say that this little guy
must have had quite the tummy ache today.
Serves him right!
This was such a surprise
as we have not had a problem all spring and summer,
but now...that little guy has tasted the goods
and I'm sure he'll be back for more.
~*~
We are blessed in deed with the surrounding beauty
of God's marvelous creation.
"Blessed be the Lord, who daily loadeth us with benefits,
even the God of our salvation".

While I sit...listening to the creek which is right beside our home
the many humming birds are feeding and chasing
one another having a delightful time.
Our flock of humming birds consists of at least 30 birds.
amazing isn't it?!
We have the perfect spot for them,
and keeping their feeders full is sure to keep them around.
We are nearing 150 pounds of sugar so far
and still have two months to go.
Our home is nestled around many matured trees,
so these hummers live in a rather safe zone.
They are beautiful and bring us great joy.
~*~
Not only did I wake up to the empty feeders,
but one of my window boxes had been knocked 
to the ground leaving my beautiful flowers scattered.
We have a mischievous little guy!
I have one window box that a particular chipmunk
loves to eat out of.
He/she nips the buds before I ever see the blooms.
Why couldn't it have been that window box
that was dumped to the ground?
Wild life... they do as they please.
But such a delight to have around.
~*~
Today was a day of peace and tranquility for me.
A much needed day.
After enjoying time in my kitchen canning peaches
I sat outside...breathed in the fresh air...
and just relaxed in the beauty of God which surrounds me.
My friend, the chipmunk, kept coming around
and seemed quite surprised that I was home.
I believe I upset his routine of visiting my flower box
as well as my husbands garden.
I haven't been home much these days,
and, as the saying goes
"while the cats away the mice will play".
~*~
The Lord refreshes our weary souls doesn't He?
Today was a day of refreshment for me
and I give thanks to the Lord.
God loves and cares for our every need,
He can use even His beautiful creation through nature
to encourage, uplift, strengthen  and refresh us.
"The Lord will give strength unto His people,
the Lord will bless His people with peace".
Many times we just need to stop and allow God to meet
us right where we are.
When we do~He will never fail us.
~*~
The hand of God Is Everywhere

It's true we have never looked on His face,
But His likeness shines forth from every place,
For the hand of God is everywhere
Along life's busy thoroughfare,
And His presence can be felt and seen
Right in the midst of our daily routine.
Things we touch and see and feel
Are what make God so very real.

~Helen Steiner Rice~ 

Thank you precious Heavenly Father,
for Your goodness to us.
Some times the days seem long
but we can find rest for our weary souls
in You alone.
Amen

~Be Blessed~
Debbie

21 comments:

Bethany Carson said...

Great photo of the hummingbird!

living from glory to glory said...

Dear Sister, I felt just blessed and relaxed just reading this post! I love hummingbirds!I did make a pan of peach cobbler! I made an extra one for our Pastor and his wife.
So glad you had a day to be home and enjoy your day! That little raccoon will be back soon, you can take that one to the bank :o)
Love, Roxy

Anonymous said...

Good Morning, This is a beautiful post. The home we shared with my late parents was beside a creek on a wooded 2 1/2 acres. Mother and I loved to sit on the porch and enjoy the antics of the hummers.
Wishing you a lovely day.

Debby Ray said...

Debbie, oh my goodness...someone had a party while you were sleeping! I love the way you described the setting where you live...it sounds like heaven to me! There is nothing to compare to being right there in the midst of God's creation. You seem to have taken the mischief of the raccoon and the chipmunk in stride...what else can you do, right? Thank you for this lovely post...the photos are stunning too! Blessings!

Sola Scriptura said...

Debbie, Thank you for this beautiful post. I always feel encouraged when I visit your blog. Your hummingbird photo is great, I've never seen a hummingbird so close up as we do not have hummingbirds here in the UK. It is incredible that we can cast our cares upon our Heavenly Father because He cares for us. How can this be, that He would care for me? What amazing love He has lavished on us!

Sylvia said...

It's always a blessing to visit your blog,Debbie. Love your hummers and know they keep you busy just keeping the feeder full. I only have one feeder but 3 or 4 selfish little hummers fighting over it and I have to refill it every other day. Maybe I should get another one. Have a great day.

Delvalina said...

I'm so happy that I visited you here Mrs Debbie.
Oh! The beauty of the Lord surrounds you. How blessed you are. Reading this beautiful post I can smells all the natures and God's faithfulness.

Thinking of you and praying for you often.
Blessing,
delvalina

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

Oh, my friend, I can just picture you in your kitchen, canning peaches and looking out the window. Isn't it wonderful how simple pleasures bring us so much happiness? Thank you for sharing your words with us. xo

Deborah Montgomery said...

Well, I certainly admire your patience with the raccoons. I have been stewing about my raccoons and their trashing of my bird feeders. Maybe I need to take a tip from you, and not get so upset.

The area around your home looks lovely! Glad you were able to have a quiet day at home. My favorite kind!

Jeanna said...

Hi Sweet Debbie. I so enjoyed reading this post. Your home sounds like a lovely place to spend time and it is obviously it is a blessed place.

Canning peaches is one of my favorite things to do when we can get good peaches.

Blessings to you my friend.

Vicky Hunt said...

Lovely pictures. You are surrounded by such beauty. I would love to just sit and listen to the creek running. SO relaxing. I'm happy that you had a day to relax and refresh yourself. Prayers for you...:)
Blessings, Vicky

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hullo Debbie I love your blog .. just found it because you left a beautiful comment on Meryl's blog "Of Simple Things". She replied to your question on her blog so if you did not get it take a peep at her reply.

Also I have problems with plants being eaten so put chicken wire over the bed they keep away as dont like walking over it.

Maybe you could give it a try... love those humming birds... aren't they painted in amazing colours. I often put photos of flora fauna of Australia on my blog. I have joined yours.. hope you might pop over to mine too... every blessing dear sister.
Shaz in Oz.x

Robyn said...

After reading your post, I let out this deep contented breath, Debbie. I, too, am refreshed by the beauty of nature and being surrounded by it is a great blessing that I never take for granted.
Your writing is beautiful, as is your heart. You truly moved me, my friend.
Continued strength to you, Debbie. Take good care. Hugs. xox

Valerie said...

Dear Debbie,
Oh my! That lil' raccoon made a mess for you, for sure! Your pictures are so lovely! Enjoyed your post today.
Blessings and Sunshine, Valerie

Stephanie said...

Hi Mom! Oh the tales you could tell of mischievous creatures gracing your home :)

Your post was an absolute delight to read and it brought back so many memories of the creek and wildlife. Debby Ray said it sounds like heaven and your cabin in the woods is pretty close to perfect.

Beautiful picture of the humming bird - it brought to mind your little one that you just told me about. Thinking of you!

I love you.

Lady Linda said...

Oh no! I'm sure you were so surprised. Beautiful blog post.

White Lace and Promises said...

I would love to have a creek behind my house for my time with the Lord. I can't think of any better place than the beach. Water soothes my soul. Blessings, my friend on a good weekend.

Janice Kay Schaub said...

How lovely the creek is, and I love your attitude to the wildlife. They have no malice. They do what they do and we must let them or make it difficult for them. They to me are well worth it for me to see them.
Will be reading more of your blog and follow,
Janice

Nina said...

It must be so special to watch humming birds close by ... I hope to see one close be some day!
The diversity and beauty in beards is amazing . witnessing the great mind of God and His wonderful creation!
Blessings to your weekend, and I hope that there would be peace in the hummingbird feeder from now on,
Nina

Red Rose Alley said...

Be Still, My Heart. What a beautiful hummingbird. I can't believe you got such an excellent shot of this precious bird.

Have a blessed weekend.

~Sheri

Linda Walker said...

Debbie, I too love hummingbirds. When I was young, one flew into our picture window. My father picked it up and brought it into the house to see if it had died. My dad gently stroked the side of his head and his little eyes opened and he started flying all over the house. He was apparently fine! We spent a large part of that day trying to catch him so we could let him fly away. It was pretty comical actually! They are amazing little creatures! I too can picture you canning your peaches in your kitchen. Your home and yard sound like a slice of heaven!
Linda
mysewwhatblog

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...